Help!!!!

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Hill Valley, Whitchurch on Saturday. Little friendly match play with a mate. Was going great guns front nine, made the turn at only 2 over par and 1 down for the match. weather was stunning and all was well in the world.

Nailed my drive on 10 and then sh****d my second shot :D
I then proceeded to s***k EVERY iron shot from there on in.

Ive been the range since and no change. Now, i know why im doing it but cant seem to stop it.

Does anybody have any good drills?

If i stick a tee in the ground and address an imaginary ball just inside it I will knock the tee out when I really should miss it.

Its not my posture, i know i'm not falling forward i'm just going very much out to in. Its as if its all arms coming down and although i am clearing my body i feel its too late so i'm getting a bit trapped if that makes any sense.

Sorry for the long post. Hope someone can help.
Cheers in advance.

Jim.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Adress the ball as normal but put the tee next to the hozel of the club (just inside the ball).
Then focus on hitting the tee.
Good luck :)

jeardley

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers Bob, i'll give it a go.
Just been trawling youtube.. what do you think of the glove under the right arm drill? will this help by stopping me throwing the club on an outside / in line?

Cheers.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers Bob, i'll give it a go.
Just been trawling youtube.. what do you think of the glove under the right arm drill? will this help by stopping me throwing the club on an outside / in line?

Cheers.

It would be ok as a drill and for half swings, not the full swing.