Help with my swing

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi
Although anything is better than nothing, a slowed down swing on concrete slabs isn't ideal.
Can you get out on a course and film yourself actually hitting balls for real?
But in the meantime, there are a few issues I can see.
Some will say your backswing is too flat but my concern is the throughswing.
On the down the line swing, try and stop the clip as the club appears. It shouls appear over your left shoulder, yours is nearer your elbow indicating a throw at the top which I suspect at full speed is more pronounced. If you take divots, do thry point left?

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Cheers Bob,

Does that mean that my swing is a bit flat on the backswing then coming right over the top on the down swing?

Nearly every divot I make points straight down my target line, probably one in ten angle about 5degreess left.

I'll get on the grass tomorrow and film it and post the clip on the grass.

Cheers

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got no problem with flat backswings as they do not cause a throw at the top.
If your divots point straight thats a good sign. :)
Are your shots generally straight and what's your handicap?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You are throwing the club from the top, by unhinging the wrists. You also have an overswing which doesn't help. You are going back nicely but coming down a little steep. You are not using your hips/lower body to initiate the downswing.

Here's a pic of you leading the swing with your arms (see how much the club has moved whilst nothing else has)....

333ac.gif

Try standing sideways on to a patio window, take the club up normally, stop a few °'s short of parallel and then try bring it back down on a similar plane that it went up whilst your hips turn out of the way.....

Simples# ;)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well.

I've got no problem with flat backswings as they do not cause a throw at the top.
I meant it does not cause a golfer to throw the club outside the line on the downswing.