HELP What a situation I'm in... what should I do?

mattyb0y

Head Pro
Visit site
Or do what i do with work... simply dont turn up and then if they ring or when ur next there you say.... i got it covered by who ever didnt they tell you? then have a arguement with the person whom u make up said would cover ur shift about it

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Okay I went in today and confirmed that I was working those days :( However the boss wasnt in.

Heres my new plan. I am working tomorow, so I will explain the situation and ask if its at all possible to get that weekend off. If I can't I'll explain that I've bought the ticket and it would not make economical sense for me to work those days, therefore I will have to quit.

Ye, I hope he says that I don't have to work it :)

I'll keep you posted

THIS IS DEFINETLY A LESSON LEARNED, DON'T TRUST YOUR FRIENDS TO PUT YOUR INTERESTS ALONGSIDE THERES :eek:

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Good luck Adam.

I know that there is some very conflicting advice on here. Neither is right or wrong. Only you know what is right for you, and you appear to have gone about it in a reasonably mature way. Credit to you.

TBH. A cost thing of going or not going to work happened to me 10 years ago. Watch out, old man story!!

I was doing a delivery trip to Marmaris in Turkey from Falmouth. Anyway it took one day longer than expected, lack of wind for part of the trip. A flight that day to get me back to work in time for the next day (to fit in with the holiday time I'd booked off) would of cost me over £250. I was earning about £60 a day at work. So I would have been out of pocket by £190! A flight the following day was half the price!

I was lucky. The manager 'covered' my day, and as the assistant mgr at that time, I repayed him the favour at another time. No need for head office to know!

It's not a great example as I've probably gone against my own advice earlier. However. I was very lucky with my relationship with my boss, and I was able to return the favour.

As I've said. Good luck.

As to the jack it and go to the festival brigade. Yeah, you have a point. And TBH, I would have jacked it at this lads age if it were me. Much to my old mans disgust I would admit!

ColeTrain

Medal Winner
Visit site
I would go to the festival if i was you mate, like others say if worst comes to worst, theres plenty of casual work if you look for it!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a few have said Adam, your 16. Stuff work for a few weeks, get to the festival and enjoy the music.

Score well with the ladies (Preferably with more than the pne chick) and remember to get her number.

And don't swaly too much cider or you wont be doing anything with the ladies above.

Have fun and then settle down. Get your Dad to sub you £100 quid for the weekend.

Andy

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
God I must be getting old.

There's no way I was letting my kids go to festivals when they were 16 :eek:

( Not if it's the sort of festival I used to go to when I was 18+ that is.... )

PaulE

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out Adam but here goes;

If you jack in the job and go to the festival, (which is what I would have done at 16), then one of your "friends" will have to work that weekend to cover for you as you're not there anymore.

You get Festival + Revenge = Job done! :cool: