Help - slice is doing head in

vinny613

Club Champion
Visit site
any one got any ides, last 2 rounds have started slicing off the tee, using a ping K15 driver , ball opposite left heel , steady back swing , grip neutral , but for life of me cant stop the slice, have always hit strightish with slight draw , this is now doing my head in,

any suggestions , thoughts or advice greatly recieved.

Matty

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Get yourself down the range with just your driver and check:

Alignment of your body and club face
Swing path - put the head cover on the floor and make sure you aren't coming out to in
Face angle at image, try really twisting your wrists though impact so it feels like you'll hit left

As already said it's difficult to diagnose but it's likely one of these. I'm hitting a slight fade and I'm working on swing path to be able to hit strait and fade (and maybe one day even a draw)!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
your club face must be open at impact , or your stance is open and your coming across the ball, causing your slice, close your stance and aim your club head at your target ,sounds simple but i'm afraid it's not, i can draw and the fade the ball , but sadly i don't know which till after i've hit it, see a pro

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
at last ive had some draw success tonight.

aim club face to the right. close the body even further to the right and swing on an in to out swing path had me hitting some beautiful drives tonight. only tried on the last 4 holes or so of practice. busted 6/7 and had one hook. well chuffed.