help please!

martyt

Visit site
Hi, wonder if anyone can help. i tend to swing back and down the same plane but i have been told (and read)thatas
you start the downswing you should pull your hnds down; every time do this tend to hit the ground about an inch inside the ball and about 3inches behind it!! When i swing normally i tend to make a good hit but push/fade it about 30yrds right, i would love to hit a draw but that seems a million miles away !!
thanks for reading , this is my 1st post.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Marty and welcome to the forum, it's a great place to be.

I think the answer is that you shouldn't feel that you are pulling down with your hands, the feeling is that they fall. For me it's a slow action from the top so that it speeds up through impact but isn't rushed. A lesson with a pro is the best way forward as no one here is going to analyse your swing without seeing a clip of it but if you could post one you will certainly get good advice

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You don't want to be pulling DOWN with your arms really, ideally you would let the arms fall with the right shoulder to such a point that you can then 'gun it' from there. If you pull down with your arms the right arm will straighten too early and (amongst other things) you'll hit the ball fat.

You could however try pulling in the direction that your hands were at address :whistle:........ note where your left hand/forearm is at address and from the top of your swing just 'put your left forearm back where it was at address'.... at speed.