Help needed: dominant right wrist

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
Hello - I wonder if anyone can help me or if anyone has any drills?

I've been having lessons now for 3 months (2 a month) and generally making good progress. I've smoothed out a lot of the obvious problems with my swing but the one area I just can't get to grips with is the follow-through.

No matter how hard I try, I can't stop my right wrist from dominating through impact with the result that my right arm curls the club inwards after impact. It's like my right wrist is trying to scoop the ball up.

Any idea for what might be a good drill to address this? My instructor has been forcing me just to take 50% backswings which helps, but when I swing at full effort I end up letting the wrists take over again. As a result, I feel like I'm now wasting money on lessons because each time I get told the same thing needs correcting!

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
Without seeing your swing, i assume that your arms are dominating your throughswing and there is a lack of body rotation as you're striking the ball. When the body is slow, the arms and club lose their angles early and the result is a kind of scoop where the club and right arm overtake the left arm early.

If possible, could you put up videos of your swing, face on and down the line.