HELP ME WITH TECHNOLOGY!

badgergolf

Visit site
So back playing golf and taking in more seriously it has got to the time where technology comes into play. I have Arccos as they came free with the clubs and trying it out all seems good however, I am now in a absolute mess trying to pick between three options (feel free to confuse me further by throwing in more suggestions) but want to see what the consensus is between these and of those who may own or use.
So we are looking at the either: Garmin Z82, Voice Caddie SL2 or ShotScope Pro LX +

All see to have their merits but I like my technology and these seem to be the all signing all dancing GPS integrated rangefinders. With Shotscope I could ditch Arccos but with the other would carry on using Arccos most likely. Garmin has the nice blind shot compass to the green but no screen. Voice Caddie has the screen but I have heard the course info can sometimes be a bit dated etc.

In desperate need of help I'd like to have one in my bag next Wednesday when I play. HELP ME PLEASE!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When considering something like Arccos you should always take the rules in to consideration

(3) Information Gathered Before or During Round.
  • Allowed.
    • Using information that was gathered before the round (such as playing information from previous rounds, swing tips or club recommendations), or
    • Recording (for use after the round) playing or physiological information from the round (such as club distance, playing statistics or heart rate).
  • Not Allowed.
    • Processing or interpreting playing information from the round (such as club recommendations based on current round distances), or
    • Using any physiological information recorded during the round.
similarly when you use a laser if you have one with plays like or slope allowance this must be turned off during anything other than a practice round.

badgergolf

Visit site
When considering something like Arccos you should always take the rules in to consideration

(3) Information Gathered Before or During Round.
  • Allowed.
    • Using information that was gathered before the round (such as playing information from previous rounds, swing tips or club recommendations), or
    • Recording (for use after the round) playing or physiological information from the round (such as club distance, playing statistics or heart rate).
  • Not Allowed.
    • Processing or interpreting playing information from the round (such as club recommendations based on current round distances), or
    • Using any physiological information recorded during the round.
similarly when you use a laser if you have one with plays like or slope allowance this must be turned off during anything other than a practice round.

These will be used for practise and not during tournament/competition play.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a laser .
It tells me the yardage.
Imo the slope system on it is a waste of time.
Most ams are not accurate enough to use a 3 yd difference in shot.
Uphill / downhill ,against /into the wind you need to use your golfing skill and experience to select a club.
Not a handheld computer .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone selling golfing skill....? I could use some of that as well.
That’s where practice comes in.
Playing different shots with just a 7/8 iron
I love just hitting to three different flags with the same club.
To much reliance on tech now. Imo.
The tech is great but you still have to hit the shot it tells you to hit.
But if skill was for sale we would all be ahead of you in the queue.;)