Help me choose membership!!

ffpedro

Visit site
Hi Guys,
I am searching for a very nice golf course to join as a member.
I currently play to a handicap of 10 but would like to improve on this considerably.
I am looking for a course which doesn't have a huge joining fee and annual subs of max £1200. I have shortlisted 3 courses in my mind but still can not decide. They are Hampton Court Palace, Pyrford and Guildford. I live in Staines, Middlesex by the way.
Any suggestions of other courses maybe or you could be a member of one of these courses yourself. Guildford is the only one of the three I haven't played yet.
I should mention I am looking for 7day and also I am a firefighter (you may know of courses who offer discounts!).
Thanks guys

Leo

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Being a firefighter I would have thought Pyrford would be right up your street just in case your pumps run dry.
Have you seen the amount of water around there?
I think it's where they filmed that Mel Gibson film

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know Mike Harris has been a member at Hampton Court so you could PM and ask for the pros and cons. Depends on how far you want to travel and how much you want to pay. From Staines you are near me at Royal Ascot or if you go the other way there are clubs like Royal Mid Surrey, Richmond, Royal Wimbledon, Wimbledon Common. Alternatively you could go to Leatherhead with HTL

I have a mate who is a member of Guildford and he reckons its a great track so I guess you need to look at budget and travel costs and draw a circle on map and check them out

ffpedro

Visit site
Thank you guys,
I will check those other courses out Homer. I have a game booked in for Guildford next Sunday so that will help the decision process a lot more.
Harry Monk....apologises, this was my first post and I didn't really know where to put it.

Cheers again folks

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Like Homer said im at Leatherhead and more than willing to meet up for a game and show you round.

Fancy a game on the 28th March at Leatherhead? Few of us forum members are meeting up for a game.

ffpedro

Visit site
Thank you v. much for the invite but unfortunately, being on shifts, I'm working that Saturday. I have had a look at the Leatherhead website tho, and the course looks lovely. Just need to decide if its too far for me or not!
If you have any other games coming up over there please let me know as I'd really like to play it.
Cheers