Help for some Scottish Courses please

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Arranging a trip to Fife/Dundee in August for some Seniors/Individual Opens. I only hit the ball 170 yards off the tee son Senior’s are preferable to individual.

Which is preferable 1. Lanark Seniors, Crail Seniors, Balcomie Leven Links and Panmure( never played)

OR 2. Lundin Links (never played)Seniors, Alyth Seniors (never played) Downfield Individual and Monifieth Individual (Never played)

I do NOT expect to be in the prizes and the 3 I wanted to play were Lundin, Monifieth and Panmure.

Decisions!! Mrs 3OTT is with me!!!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Panmure is fantastic, so I would choose option 1.

Downfield plays very long off the back tees.
Thanks KL. The 2 I wanted to play were Panmure and Lundin links. That would have been possible this year but Panmure are hosting The British Boys so have put their comp date back a week. The other benefit is that I can also play Fairmont St Andrews

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As others said Downfield plays long even off the yellows if it isn't dry and hard, Monifieth doesn't play that long, always get value for your shots. Aylth isn't long, but you need to be pretty straight.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
3offTee...If you're going home via M74 and fancy a slight detour( + maybe an extra night on the South side of Glasgow), then you're more than welcome to saunter round my place and enjoy the views( pretty inspiring and photogenic)(y) Maybe even the golf??:LOL:
Lord knows I've always enjoyed your place and the courses nearby down the coast

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3offTee...If you're going home via M74 and fancy a slight detour( + maybe an extra night on the South side of Glasgow), then you're more than welcome to saunter round my place and enjoy the views( pretty inspiring and photogenic)(y) Maybe even the golf??:LOL:
Lord knows I've always enjoyed your place and the courses nearby down the coast
Yep, we will be going down M74. Sent you a message and appreciate your offer

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've not played up in Aberdeenshire. Hear there are some great courses.

Ayrshire, East Lothian, Fife and Angus are all amazing for golf.