Help For Heroes charity golf day - Hayling Golf club Tuesday 18th October

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Fantastic day, course was immaculate, weather was superb, organisation was as brilliant as ever. Well done guys.
Didn't score particularly well, couldn't get to grips with the turf. Strange, but it's not been like that before when I've played there. Very "peaty" and unless you nipped the ball off the grass really cleanly, (which I can't do!!), distance suffered. Don't know if anyone else thought the same???
Great fun playing with Slasher, Bratty and John. Again, thanks guys

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely fantastic course in perfect condition, the weather agreed and the sun shone on us all day!

Our group didn’t quite match the course conditions, but we all played some good golf at times, thanks Dean and Andy for such good company.

Brilliant organisation from Rich and his team as always, well done guys!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Brilliant day, @richart, and thanks to Smiffy, PNWokingham and John for enduring a very poor driving day and not much better putting day. Weirdly, I didn't mind the turf.
Pleased to have bought something at the auction finally... and then given it straight to Vicky!
Also, very pleased to have won the Blackmoor round with Rich... certainly more pleased than him!
Great day as always and lovely to have been part of a group raising £9,500 for Help For Heroes and remembering old friends.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Smiffy said:
Didn't score particularly well, couldn't get to grips with the turf. Strange, but it's not been like that before when I've played there. Very "peaty" and unless you nipped the ball off the grass really cleanly, (which I can't do!!), distance suffered. Don't know if anyone else thought the same???
Christ, I thought it was just me.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A fantastic day on a seriously challenging course - and couldn’t ask for better weather. A top grouping of Matt, Ben and Dill made for a fun round and we all had our moments, good and…
Had a few lucky breaks which picked up my point tally and was thrilled to take 3rd. Thanks Richard and all those that made this event what it is. Us knocking a ball around a field really makes a positive difference to the charity and I’m proud to contribute, even in a small way.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well....what a day
As always, huge thanks to Rich and Vicky and everyone else who helped to organise the day.
Me..?
Only went and won the bloody thing didn't I :cool:
And Nearest the Pin - Sorry @MikeH ;)
Scores will be posted up at some point but suffice to say my 22 points on the front 9 helped a touch.
Brilliant day and now I'm knackered

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
@richart Thanks to you and your team of helpers for organising such a fantastic day. I haven't played in a H4H for sometime, but thoroughly enjoyed the day. The course and weather was stunning, I actually have a touch of sunburn! My golf was inconsistent, but that was as expected. Really enjoyed my round with John, Rob and Simon, all great company.

D

Deleted member 25172

Thanks @richart and @DPapas1982 for sorting two excellent courses (again) and also having a word with the weather gods for these 2 days.

Reports/rumours incoming about the horrendous state of the fairways at Hayling. The people who started that clearly has not played a course on London clay in mid January after 3 weeks of consecutive rain fall.

Since the day indeed is for charity I felt extra generous and donated 6 balls to the hungry gorse bushes. Slope of 118? Pfft.

Looking forward to see what’s in store for next year already!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top day. Course was absolutely bang on..shame about the golf after 10 holes ? few decent strikes but mostly couldn’t get to grips with the greens and my putting in general today. But always nice to make one of my half dozen rounds a year the HFH outing ?

Thanks as always to Rich and Vicky (and the rest of the team) for organising.

Was thoroughly enjoyable to play with Rich, Craig and Kirk.

Apologies for having to slope off early, but I’d promised my lad I’d be back in time to put him to bed and wanted to miss the M27/M3 roadworks.

See you all next year.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just another fabulous day raising money for such a worthy cause.
The sacrifices these men and women make for us to live safe will never cease to amaze.
Thx Vicky and Rich and your team for making the day run so smooth.
Thx to our hosts Hayling GC for your welcome and amazing course.
Thx to my playing partners Kraxx,Lee and Phil for the entertainment it really was an enjoyable round.
Congratulations to Imurg for his win,great score on a tough course.
Congrats to the battle back guy,apologies for not remembering your name,41 points is superb.
Thx to Rich and Vicky for presenting me with the Rick Garg award,I was truly taken aback.
It will certainly take pride and place in my home for a year.
Well done to everyone who donated any amount of money to such a deserving cause.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Well no 11 hour journey home this year.. flying by private jet (i wish) certainly saved a lot of time. Sorry i had to do off just as the presentation started, but congratulations to all the winners this year and to Tony (Pokerjoe) on a well-deserved Rick Garg Memorial Trophy winner this year!

Going to thank Oddsocks again for helping with transport!

Thank you, Richard and all the team for arranging this year's event, Hayling was truly spectacular, and clearly, we all won with the weather!!

Hope to see you all again next year.

Stay Safe
Stu (Kraxx)

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a fantastic day and all for a great cause ??????

Thank you Rich and all the team for the hard work you all put in to ensure the day goes ahead, it is much appreciated.

The course was fantastic, I thought it was a real good test, ref the fairways on chatting to one of the Marshall he informed me that the fairways had been wrecked during the hot summer, so they have re-seeded them, hence preferred lies and use of fairway mats on social play. I don't personally think it spoilt a fantastic course.
Thank you to all at Hayling for looking after us, the little gift bag was a lovely touch.
Thank you to my playing partners Mike H, SLH and of course young Duffers ????, you all made it a relaxed enjoyable fun round.
Well done Tony for getting a well deserved prize and to the winner (I forget who it was ??????)

These days are in my opinion what golf is about, having a laugh, hitting good and crap shots, catching up with old friends and making new, eating a shed load of food and the added bonus of raising a cracking amount of money for a well worth cause.

Look forward to the next one ????????

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
What a fantastic day and all for a great cause ??????

Thank you Rich and all the team for the hard work you all put in to ensure the day goes ahead, it is much appreciated.

The course was fantastic, I thought it was a real good test, ref the fairways on chatting to one of the Marshall he informed me that the fairways had been wrecked during the hot summer, so they have re-seeded them, hence preferred lies and use of fairway mats on social play. I don't personally think it spoilt a fantastic course.
Thank you to all at Hayling for looking after us, the little gift bag was a lovely touch.
Thank you to my playing partners Mike H, SLH and of course young Duffers ????, you all made it a relaxed enjoyable fun round.
Well done Tony for getting a well deserved prize and to the winner (I forget who it was ??????)

These days are in my opinion what golf is about, having a laugh, hitting good and crap shots, catching up with old friends and making new, eating a shed load of food and the added bonus of raising a cracking amount of money for a well worth cause.

Look forward to the next one ????????
Forest also managed a clean sheet and point. Winning day all round ?

Sorry for not catching up properly (and almost killing you, Mike, Duffer and SLH on the 16th tee ??)