Help 4 Heroes Bearwood Lakes Charity Golf Day - Monday 21st September 2020

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
HFH happens once a year to support a fantastic charity meet and greet old and new friends,get to play an unbelievable course and the whiners will always whine.
Beautiful course beautiful day 41/2 hours of great company and some good golf to boot.
Got this place kills me at times

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Great day today in the company of Sandy, Craig and Slasher. Really couldn't have wished for a better group to be in. My golf was great in places, crap in others. Started the day with a regulation par down the 10th, first hole I've played in 15 months! Also parred the 1st. Was doing quite well until Slasher said "your one under handicap on this nine"..... 1 more point out of the closing four holes followed ???
Thanks to Richard and Vicky for all the organisation. You were sadly missed guys xxxxx

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Really enjoyed today. Nice to meet and play with @Blue in Munich and @Patster1969, and to play with @Fish for a few holes. Sadly he wasn't feeling to good and had to depart soon after we started the back (front) 9. The course was very nice, really enjoyed it, the golf was quite enjoyable for a change too. Thanks to Rich for organising and to Bearwood for looking after us. Look forward to the next one.

Here's a few pics from our round

D

Deleted member 1418

A great day, played at a brilliant, quality venue.

The course was in great condition - couldn't fault it, and the staff were excellent.

As ever superbly organised, just a shame Rich and Vicky weren't able to be there.

Thanks to Jon, Ian and Colin for their company - very enjoyable.

The only downside was the pace of play, but to end on a positive - LiverpoolPhil now has 3 people who actually want to play with him at a Forum meet........... ? ? ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I will say that whilst our round was just under 5 hours I would have happily spent another 2 or 3 on that course, beautiful weather, gorgeous scenery, playing golf, why the rush?
Herein lies the problem.........

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just back from a great day at lovely course
My golf was good In places, especially my 3 wood off the tee and average on others.
Thanks to all who managed to get today done given the circumstances and to paperboy for making up out four ball
My 2 guest thoroughly enjoyed it and have already asked about next years event.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Another great course played courtesy of the forum. Thiught the back 9 was certainly the more picturesque. Although I really liked 8 and 9.

I must agree that it was hard work at times.
After a few holes I realised unfortunately we would be waiting on every tee and just accepted it.

It's not ideal but with 100 people on the course, especially one they're not used too, some people are bound to have bad rounds and that'll then impact on everyone.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Herein lies the problem.........

Not really. As a 4 ball we played ready golf, we barely had to wait for the group in front, maybe on 2 occasions and we never held up the group behind once.

That was a course that I'm very unlikely to ever play again and as I said, I could have spent 6 hours on there and wouldn't have grumbled once.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
HFH happens once a year to support a fantastic charity meet and greet old and new friends,get to play an unbelievable course and the whiners will always whine.
Beautiful course beautiful day 41/2 hours of great company and some good golf to boot.
Got this place kills me at times

Great morning Tony, some good golf in the group, shame about the putting or one of us might have threatened!

I'll let you know how I get on with the bunker tip ?

Sounds as if we got lucky with pace, round in 4hr20 and only waited on the final shot after the first group out ran into the back of the field. With looking for balls here and there, walks between holes and 4 visitors I think that pace was fine.

The group behind us hadn't even got to the 8th tee by the time we were back in the car park though. ? Can't have been much fun being stuck behind ?

Massive thanks to all involved in making that day the best possible. Loved the course, absolutely pristine condition and some great holes.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I really liked Bearwood Lakes, everything by them I thought was top notch from arrival to leaving. The course was stunning and the whole set up, in a Covid world, worked really well. I'd happily play there any day.

I hope Mike Chapman is ok as he struggled in the last few holes and was picked up on the 18th tee. A really nice day with Mike, Andy and Paddyc. I was personally pretty content with my game as it has been a struggle for some while and the club I bought from Ethan and picked up from the pro shop performed really well, and the driver behaved ok too.

Thanks to Richart and Vicky for their efforts and I for one am very disappointed that they couldn't be there on the day. It was great though to meet so many old friends .

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Pretty sure we were just over the 4 hour mark. We certainly didn't really have to wait for long, on any significant instances. I dont believe the group behind us were waiting much either. We did slow a bit after about 6 holes due to a few wild balls in the bundu, but We jumped on it and I think we finished a hole ahead at the end.

I totally get what Dean is saying though. It was glorious weather on a course that I am also unlike to ever play again, you should be able to enjoy it as a day out. I would have gone round again just for the pleasure.

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just a quick note to all those moaning about pace of play - you do remember why we are there don’t you? Help for Heroes? Think about the people we are raising money for, the struggles they and their families have faced, the sacrifice they have given now and in the future and stop moaning about spending 5 hours on a gloriously sunny day with great company. Give it a rest, thank the organisers and if you don’t like don’t come next year.

D

Deleted member 1740

Back home after Another great day raising a few quid for a worthy cause. The course was in great condition and superb staff too.

Had a great round with @Twire and @paulw4702 a very enjoyable day despite my golf being rubbish, drank way too much the night before AGAIN?

Well done to everyone involved in making the day, it was a Sterling effort. Already looking forward to next years ????

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well what can I say, cracking course, got to play with people I hadn't played with before, so thank you DEANOMK, Michael from battle back and Troymcclure, I really enjoyed their company and had a cracking laugh all the way round.

Bearwood is amazing what a fantastic course, I enjoyed every moment of my round, didn't even think about pace of play as was soaking in the surroundings and enjoying myself, all my group picked up when they couldn't score, I even picked up when I could score due to miscounting ??.

Thank you to Rich and your young lady for sorting this out, only downside was you both weren't there so I didn't get my cuddle.
Thanks to all the staff at Bearwood from the girl who was in the car park with a big smile on her face to the lady in the half way hut who had to go back 3 or 4 times as we kept changing our order.

Hopefully we have raised a decent amount for the cause we all believe in. I may be the odd one out but I don't really care about slow play on a day when we are raising money for a cracking cause.

Look forward to next year ????

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Another fantastic day out for the forum H4H meet, a smooth and well organised day.

Yes the pace was slow, but on a day like today I dont think it mattered. Thanks to Radbourne, Piece and Mashley for the company, as always a mixture of good and bad golf on a forum meet but the chat flowed.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great to see all these forumers showing up to raise money for a charity that really needs our help. ?

Many thanks to Richard and helpers for fantastic organisation. ?. We just turned up and play ?

Bearwood were very welcoming and so organised, with lovely food. ?

Pace of play moan? On a charity day?! ??

Cheers to my PPs (SteveW36, Rad, Mash) for a relaxed round ?