Hello

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Just joined. I retired in April 2015, and took up golf in the August. I am 61 years old and now have a handicap of 15.6. To be honest I have hit a bit of a wall, but as my ultimate target was 18, I'm not really that bothered. Like most golfers, once I start to get hold of one aspect of the game, something else slips. Up until recently the best part of my game was long fairway shots, and my worse was putting. I have now found a technique for putting that appears to work, however I now duff every third fairway shot. My other hobbies are watching football, collecting watches, my classic car, the pub, and being continually nagged by my wife. Anyway, look forward to talking golf !

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, that sounds like golf to me. Like spinning plates.

Interested choice of username given that you are presumably male from what you said about your wife..

Anyway welcome aboard!

D

Deleted member 21258

I accidently picked a female name at one point. Soon realised best not to have:ROFLMAO:

Welcome anyway and great improvement in handicap(y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good man - welcome. If I read you right - you've been playing golf for all of 4 months and you already have a handicap of 15.6. Well you have been on quite a marvellous honeymoon to date - pink fluffy cloud golf and all that :) And so all that has happened is that golf has decided that it's had enough of you thinking the game's easy-peasy and has bit back. That's all.

It'll pass. Easy does it. One day at a time you'll get back on an even keel - losing bits here and there - bit better here - bit worse there. But you'll plateau - and you'll play to your 15/16 handicap - then maybe you'll come down - or maybe you'll go up. If you go up you'll prob come back down pretty quickly and you may not go back up again - at least for a while. If you go down you'll likely go back up at some point - but coming down again will be easier - and then you'll stop going back up - and you'll plateau - and then start going down again - and the cycle will continue. Up-Down transitions between plateaus is my experience.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hey up Wiggy me man and welcome. With all your other hobbies re watches, classic cars and football you will fit in to this forum well ( unless you follow Liverpool or the great unwashed Utd). What part of the world do you play.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Good man - welcome. If I read you right - you've been playing golf for all of 4 months and you already have a handicap of 15.6. Well you have been on quite a marvellous honeymoon to date - pink fluffy cloud golf and all that :) And so all that has happened is that golf has decided that it's had enough of you thinking the game's easy-peasy and has bit back. That's all.

It'll pass. Easy does it. One day at a time you'll get back on an even keel - losing bits here and there - bit better here - bit worse there. But you'll plateau - and you'll play to your 15/16 handicap - then maybe you'll come down - or maybe you'll go up. If you go up you'll prob come back down pretty quickly and you may not go back up again - at least for a while. If you go down you'll likely go back up at some point - but coming down again will be easier - and then you'll stop going back up - and you'll plateau - and then start going down again - and the cycle will continue. Up-Down transitions between plateaus is my experience.

Sorry, you misread my thread, or possibly I worded it wrong. I started playing in August 2015, and I now play off of 15.6.

Mrs Wiggles

Visit site
Hey up Wiggy me man and welcome. With all your other hobbies re watches, classic cars and football you will fit in to this forum well ( unless you follow Liverpool or the great unwashed Utd). What part of the world do you play.

Born and bread North London, and support Spurs (season ticket holder still). I now live on the south coast of Lincolnshire

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Spurs is more than acceptable as ling as the FA cup and Villas goal is not mention. Belton woods area. 👍

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hey Wiggles
Get your name down for the Old Pharts v Whippersnappers meet at Forest Pines ,end June( details in the Arrange a Game section)

Welcome aboard, enjoy 👍