Headaches??

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
a bit of a weird one really, but has anyone have any experience of golf related headaches?

The last few rounds, I've had a headache afterwards? Not a blinding headache but a gentle nagging one that lasts a few hours.

I try to drink a bottle of water, and also eat something ( today it was a snickers :thup:)

It's not every round but probably 1 in 3 at present.

I'm thinking dehydration, but as is often pointed out on here it's hardly a marathon that I'm undertaking.

Can any experts help me??

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
F

I'm no expert, but I suspect its your playing partners who suffer the real headaches!

Cheers mate. :D I'm not really sure what I was thinking:eek:

I know rich gets migraines if he plays 36, maybe I'm getting a touch of the Leo's ???

Maybe I'm just getting old, I suspect you're an expert in that :D

D

Deleted member 15344

a bit of a weird one really, but has anyone have any experience of golf related headaches?

The last few rounds, I've had a headache afterwards? Not a blinding headache but a gentle nagging one that lasts a few hours.

I try to drink a bottle of water, and also eat something ( today it was a snickers :thup:)

I'm thinking dehydration, but as is often pointed out on here it's hardly a marathon that I'm undertaking.

At the moment i have them slightly - its done to lack of fluid and imo possibly a low sun which means you prob look directly into it more often that not

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I also get a headache every time i have a round. ...mine usually starts when i get home though. ......

Sure that's not earache? :whistle:

@OP Does seem the sort of think that can be caused by lack of fluids/sustenance. A Snickers is hardly adequate!

A couple of Pints (I'm generally not driving to/from golf these days) and a Pasta meal refills my tank! Several cups of tea if you are a non-drinker.

Last edited:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sure that's not earache? :whistle:

@OP Does seem the sort of think that can be caused by lack of fluids/sustenance. A Snickers is hardly adequate!

A couple of Pints (I'm generally not driving to/from golf these days) and a Pasta meal refills my tank! Several cups of tea if you are a non-drinker.

The only other time I get them is when I have a lunchtime beer. I'm ok if I have a few!!! But one gives me a headache :eek:

I'm going to get some nuts and graze !!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Probably the cold getting into your head. Have you tried growing some hair ? Failing that a proper Harris tweed flat cap.:thup

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably the cold getting into your head. Have you tried growing some hair ? Failing that a proper Harris tweed flat cap.:thup

Cheers. My flat cap doesn't have ear muffs, and I think it ages me!! :eek:

Could I borrow some of your mane?? You seem to have some to spare.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it is dehydration then it could also be low salt levels, sounds crazy but after a round try a packet of salted nuts or ready salted crisps. On my way to the course but will explain more later. 👍

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My first thought was the cold. i get really bad headaches if out in the cold too long with no hat. Seems the cold air gets in my ears and must woosh around in all that empty space and create a vacuum of something...

Answer, wear a hat.

D

Deleted member 17920

I get them all the time and its got worse since I started cycling.

I was just drinking water but its suggested some electrolytes are needed as well, I have just bought some of these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/high5-zero-electrolyte-drink-tablets/rp-prod42650

I am hoping they do the trick.

I am also going for an eye test in the next week.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My first thought was the cold. i get really bad headaches if out in the cold too long with no hat. Seems the cold air gets in my ears and must woosh around in all that empty space and create a vacuum of something...

Answer, wear a hat.

Mine too, if the cold wind has been biting at ya, getting in ya ears etc, i'm sure that this would have had some sort of impact.