Head sloping left on backswing

IanPozz

Visit site
Hi, I'm a newbie to golf and have been progressing steadily over the last year but I've hit a wall with my progress and that's as a result of lateral head movement on the backswing. I've tried shortening my swing but my head slopes away to the left and no amount of practice will stop it from moving. Can anyone see anything in my swing that may be causing my head to move or is simply down to a lack of flexibility in my neck, shoulders and back?

I've attached a video of my most recent swing.

Thanks
Ian
[video=youtube;d66UZu7hRBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66UZu7hRBo[/video]

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
Looks like a very flat shoulder turn..... left shoulder has to come down more under your chin... you look as if you're standing up on the backswing.

IanPozz

Visit site
Looks like a very flat shoulder turn..... left shoulder has to come down more under your chin... you look as if you're standing up on the backswing.

Many thanks for your prompt reply, Jimbooo. I'll look to incorporate your suggestion into my practice when I go to the range later. I dare say the angle at which the video's shot isn't helpful for analysis but what you've suggested sounds like a great place to start.

Thanks
Ian

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ive seen a lot worse swings than that. keep it up pal. all I can see is a early wrist cock. I have no idea if that's helping or hindering you.

hopfully someone can help you. im not even sure that you head is causing any problems here.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Have you had any lessons from your local pro?

You have a poor grip and that is setting off a complicated chain of events part of which is that in order for you to FEEL like you've made a full swing you cantilever your upper body towards the target in your backswing.