Hc question on Stableford play

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yesterday I played a Stableford comp and was 10 over BUT On one of these holes I got 3 over par and scored no points and my partner marked the card as a blob. Would I still be entitled to a cut or should I just make sure he marks the stroke down next time.

It's a ashame really as that hole is always a esy hole for me.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
if you played the hole out it would of been nice of your marker to have put your score down but for handicap purposes if its a shot hole par 4, 7 would be the score that would be recorded for you if its a hole you dont get a shot on it would rounded to a 6.
good play anyway.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played a Stableford comp and was 10 over BUT On one of these holes I got 3 over par and scored no points and my partner marked the card as a blob. Would I still be entitled to a cut ........

no idea based on the information you have presented - but stableford is the underlying basis of the handicap system (all of them now!) not medal, so a blob is a blob; so to speak.

if you want the answer to the question of will you get cut - what was the par, CSS and your stableford score?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played a Stableford comp and was 10 over BUT On one of these holes I got 3 over par and scored no points and my partner marked the card as a blob. Would I still be entitled to a cut or should I just make sure he marks the stroke down next time.

It's a ashame really as that hole is always a esy hole for me.

If it was a stableford comp, then your handicap situation is governed purely by your stableford score which comes from the gross scores recorded on each hole. 10 over means nothing in a stableford competition. If you blobbed the hole, then what your gross score was is irrelevant. As Duncan says, you need to know Par and CSS and your stableford score before any calculation can be made. Did you mean 10 over Par or 10 over SSS?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends what stroke index the hole was a 3 over on a hole with a shot is a net double bogey, and a net triple on a hole with no shot.

10 over for an 11 handicapper is 37 shots if that blob 3 over was a stroke hole, 38 points if it was not. CSS could be above or below 36 points (I played a comp yesterday where CSS was 34 points), so a cut could be due. .