Hay Fever - especially bad at the moment?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
As a child I suffered badly from hay fever, but it hasn't bothered me for decades - perhaps 2 or 3 days a year when it was vaguely there.
But in the last couple of weeks I've been suffering from quite bad itchy eyes and a slightly runny nose.

For those of you who routinely have hay fever, has it been particularly bad recently?

I'm hoping that my childhood allergies haven't returned.

RichA

Visit site
Yes. I'm a lifelong sufferer and even need half a loratadine in winter.
I'm really struggling at the moment.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My wife is struggling with it at the moment, apparently there is a 'pollen bomb' which has been exacerbated by the warm temperatures.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My wife is struggling with it at the moment, apparently there is a 'pollen bomb' which has been exacerbated by the warm temperatures.
I was listening to R2 yesterday (Jeremy Vine) and they were discussing this. Apparently the thunderstorms are causing hayfever and asthma to really kick off, even in those who have only mild problems usually (or even no previous symptoms)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I was listening to R2 yesterday (Jeremy Vine) and they were discussing this. Apparently the thunderstorms are causing hayfever and asthma to really kick off, even in those who have only mild problems usually (or even no previous symptoms)
Interesting. I do have mild asthma, but it hasn't been any worse than normal.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I heard on the radio yesterday that the NHS hay fever help webpage was getting a hit every 3 seconds.
Fortunately I just get a slightly sniffy nose when levels are at their highest..feel for those who struggle..several mates get it bad.

FELL75

Visit site
Terrible time of year for hayfever as it coincides with some great golf weather. Tried everything available 🙄

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I had an injection for it last week. Been fine all week. Worth looking into. Kenalog it's called.
Interesting. I had a quick Google and discovered that the NHS stopped giving Kenalog back in 2019 due to a whole raft of potential side effects.
And while private clinics are still allowed to give it (so it's not completely banned), they are banned from promoting it.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Interesting. I had a quick Google and discovered that the NHS stopped giving Kenalog back in 2019 due to a whole raft of potential side effects.
And while private clinics are still allowed to give it (so it's not completely banned), they are banned from promoting it.

Yeah obviously do your own research and all that but I've had it 3 years and been fine.
I'd be surprised if money didn't come into with the NHS discontinuing it too.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It's like most things , work different for everyone . I have never had a issue with it .