have you ever had

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
a hole in 1? or holed out for an albatros?

or which one would you rather do?

personally ive never had either making a birdie is still a big achievment for me and not garunteed every round.

i would love a hole in one as its just something everyone understands although they can be exspensive. But i think alot of kudos goes with holing out for 2 on a par 5.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never managed either closest been is about 2 inches from a hole in one,
Given a choice I think I would chose the hole in one, much easier to brag about even those who don't understand golf understand a hole in one.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
not had an ace yet but I am willing to bet that if it ever happens it will be when I'm playing a round on my own

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never a hole in one and be sensible. Being a powder puff short hitter the chances of me find any green in two on a par 5 are remote. A bloke I played in a match a couple of months back was 3 inches away from a 2 at our 2nd. My nett birdie was no good

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cue Swinger.:)

BOOM!

Done both in one shot then had an Albatross on a par 5 7 wks later to boot. Next question!

Richart has played with me a couple of times so heard the story but not seen the golf to match.

The OP recieved no money for starting this thread.

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
BOOM!

Done both in one shot then had an Albatross on a par 5 7 wks later. Next question.

Richart has played with me a couple of times so heard the story but not seen the golf to match.

Great timing Steve.:D I joined a club with 5 par 3's to improve my chance of a hole in one, but not a sniff so far:(

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have 6 par 3's at our course and I honestly think 3 of them are very makeable. I have been within a foot on our 17th. The albatros is a lot harder though. Closet i've been is 15ft away lol

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After 3 months into the game I'm just happy that I've made one par. Into the future I'd love to be able to have just one HiO, but as that would mostly be put down to luck, I'd rather have a host of Albatross's that are due to skill.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
never had a hole in 1 or a albatross.i've had loads of eagles,2 this year in competitive play.....holing out from roughly 70 yrds both times.

i'll probably get one whilst playing on my own which would be typical.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not had an Albatross but I've been close a couple of times
Had an unofficial HIO - was the only person on the entire course......
Looks like being my first year for a long time with no Eagles - usually quite prolific on that front but not this year.

level5s

Head Pro
Visit site
had a hole in one but not an albatross.
if I manage either in the future I would like to see the ball disappear as I didnt with my hole in one.

my mate keeps telling me he is going to get a hole in one soon as he has been close a few times lately as if he is dialling in his range, crazy all luck at the end of the day

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
8 inches from a HIO on our 3rd, dont think I have hit a green on a par 3 since let alone get that close, I was closest to the flag in the comp though.... shame I didnt enter it :(

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Inside three feet and past the hole on a par 4 so must have gone quite close to the HIO / Albatross combo last month, thankfully I made the eagle putt. :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
No hole in one....been close (like everyone, I guess)

As for an albatross.....never going to happen, not unless someone can invent a par 5 under 450.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
A hole in one on the 11th the day after lipping out for a hole in one on the 9th and thinking that was my chance! That day there was a big society out and I was called through so would have been expensive (guys on the green were deciding on their drinks as the ball lipped out)!

Hubbie got his a month after mine and we got local headlines :cool: