Have you ever been asked to produce a handicap cert?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
at these courses would they accept just your CDH number or do they need an actual certificate? Where do they stand with people whose handicaps have gone inactive?

D

Deleted member 1147

Things must have changed at Vilamoura, none of my group needed to produce a certificate, even though we are all decent golfer. But those we followed can't have been proper golfers, they were painful to watch - and half pished before they even started (drinking Super Bok on the first tee).

CallawayKid

Q-School Graduate
www.regimentway.co.uk
Had to supply my CDH number when entering a competition in the Czech Republic...and again at the end as I'd won it so they needed to check my handicap was correct again.
Always put a copy of the cert on my phone if needed when going places when it states on the website but not been asked.

CK

D

Deleted member 17920

Been asked a few times but explained nicely what CDH numbers are about. Woodhall Spa should be the last place to asked for a cert as this was something introduced by England Golf and CONGU.

Time for some to move into the 21st century by the looks of things. Understand why they ask abroad but shouldn't ever be an issue in the UK.
We don't ask for handicap certificates, we ask if you can bring your CDH number or handicap certificate if you have no idea what we are talking about, you would be surprised how many people have no idea what a CDH number is.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never been asked when playing social golf at various courses worldwide.

Always asked when playing an Open, even if nQ. Amazed that there are opens which don't ask for a certificate

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Nike Matchplay Championship advise to bring Handicap Certificates to all matches. After playing a 23 handicapper from Brookmans Park on Saturday I now know why. Short game like Seve & putted like Spieth (literally as he looked at the hole whilst putting). Just didn't feel right giving a shot a hole, especially on Par 3's.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The Old Course (once out of 5), Muirfield (who then keep a copy) and Royal Birkdale (where I had to get it faxed as I'd forgotten it!).