hatton

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Beaten by a better boxer, he knocked the crap outta him!!!!

His opponent was extremely well focussed and lives his life for his chosen art. Unlike the beer swilling, fatty food eating Hatton. Still like the guy, he's so down to earth, no airs and graces.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I like the guy. Has done a lot of charity work and put the time in for good causes behind the scenes. I'm not sure whether its best to call it quits now or go out on a high taking Khan out of the pro game

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
he's proved himself a much better fighter and boxer than khan will ever be so why lower himself to fight him? Khan is an over hyped chav in my book. Prescott showed him how the men fight.

Ricky should retire now having had a courageous career which gave myself and many I assume much joy in watching his no nonsense attacking style of the noble art.

Like Calzaghe it'll be a while before we get anyone as good as these 2 from our shores although there's some promising talent out there.

Andy

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone mentioned on thread that the punch would have knocked out a horse... was that in blazing saddles the film???

As for the final knockout. What a punch. I watched the link on youtube and one of the views from behind Ricky showed his head nearly getting taken off his shoulders.

I hope he retires now as he was a great fighter who had that great agressive style that fans love to watch. He wont need to fight again financially but if he does it could really damage him as it showed last n ight hes not good enough anymore.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
End of a great boxer but what a way to go - I can't remember a punch like that for a long long time. Im sure Ricky don't remember it either.

Medway the bell for the end of the first always comes at the end of the first otherwise it would be called the bell for near the start of the second LOL.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
A difficult decision lies ahead for Ricky, I'm not sure he should definitely retire right now. I still think he'd beat all of the others in the Worlds light-welterweight top ten rankings, the problem is that Manny Pacquiao is a class apart from anyone else in the boxing world at the moment.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Such a sad end for Ricky, and I feel he might not call it a day there.

He should do, but not sure he will.

Such a great punch by the Pacman, Bet that would of knocked a brick wall down.

My Pal had a dream Hatton got beat in the first so put a bet on it, would of won £170. Imagine his surprise to see Hatton go down twice. If the ref had not have taken them few extra seconds to check ricky after his long count I think Pacquio would have knocked him out a 3rd time and won it in the first.

My pal was gutted!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I woke up at 0445 on Sunday morning (cant sleep after drink the night before) and popped down stairs for a cuppa and my step son was looking sooooo pee'd off after spending £15 for 6 minutes of watching Hatton get battered lol.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
They interviewed him on sky this morning. After listening to him, i'm not sure he will retire. I get the feeling that he doesn't want to let the fans see him go out like that.

De la Hoya lost 6 times and has told him that he can come back from this.

It is no disgrace losing to a fighter of Pacman's quality but I think all the years of piling on the weight and losing it again have finally cought up with him. If it is up to his Mrs, that will be it. Did you see her reaction when he got tonked?

I don't think Khan would be on his agenda but you never know. It would certainly be another big pay day.