Has the Lockdowns made you fatter or fitter?

Has lockdown made you fatter or fitter?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Stayed the same

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • fitter

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • fatter

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • weighed the same but fitter

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • weighed the same but not as fit

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I'm just a moaner about everything.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
In lockdown 1 I lost 9 or 10 kg. Little one in school and me at home gave plenty of time to go running.

Lockdown 2/3 I am 5 back up again. Homeschooling is leading to a lot of snacking and no motivation to go running in the evening.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snatch is where you hinge the weight (barbell/kettlebell/dumbell whatever) from the floor and press it above your head in one fluid motion. Often associated with Olympic lifts.

maxresdefault.jpg
So, looking at those pics, it's hit yourself in the nuts with a big weight, then hit yourself on the head with it. Sounds fun. Hopefully there's not too many reps?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So, looking at those pics, it's hit yourself in the nuts with a big weight, then hit yourself on the head with it. Sounds fun. Hopefully there's not too many reps?

Just the one rep I'd imagine ?

2020 was bad for weight and fitness, reached new year heavier and more out of shape than ever
(although it was also the first full year with no cigs, but still indulging in cigars/pipe)
Started diet and exercise after new year and down 11kg so far in 2 1/2 months and already much fitter even if there's still a way to go yet

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First two lockdowns I was exercising every day, running, HIIT and long dog walks. Felt great and lost a bit of timber.

The latest one has been a bit of a disaster as I knackered my knee doing karate kicks with the daughter (you think I'd have more sense at 60). As a result, have been able to do very little for the last month, and the weight is back on.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Started a Length of the UK Virtual Challenge on January the 3rd. I try and walk and/or exercise bike between 5 and 15 miles per day.
https://www.theconqueror.events/lejog/
So far I am 686 miles in to the 1082 mile route. (63%)

I also bought some additional dumb bell weights and do some reps with those after my bike sessions, I'm 51 years old and in 2 months I think I'm looking leaner than ever, 11st 10 and 6 feet tall.

Just need to get my home made speed sticks out to convert this extra bit of muscle to club head speed :)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm down a weight division in boxing, body fat % at an all-time low (It's cold!!) I am the fittest I have ever been. Lockdown has allowed me to create a really solid routine, My running is faster, the bike is faster. I can't wait for the pools and lakes to open, I have a half ironman in June, then Manchester Marathon in October, but the target is a full ironman in 2022.

My current regime;
Mon- Rest (Most important day of the week!)
Tue - Run, typically an easy 60 mins. Daily press-up and core workout for approx 30 mins
Wed - Bike, following a Zwift FTP builder program. typically 60-90 mins structured workout. Then Strength and conditioning, with daily press-up and abs workout.
Thu - Run, Intense session, either Intervals or Threshold. Daily press-up and core workout for approx 30 mins
Fri - Bike, following a Zwift FTP builder program. typically 60-90 mins structured workout. Then Strength and conditioning, with daily press-up and abs workout.
Sat - Run, Long run day, anything from 10-20 miles, then daily press-up and core.
Sun - Bike, Long social ride on Zwift. Typically 2-3 hour ride, then S&C workout as per Wed/Fri.

So I am getting in about 14 hours a week of work, when the pools open I will add 3 x 1hr swims. And if I ever get boring conference calls I need to be on, I will sit on my bike and have a gentle spin in the office while listening.

Also started to ensure I get 10,000 steps a day, which on run day is easy, but it quite easy really, on about day 60 of a streak.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone with 'stayed the same' but I've had to bloody work at it just to stay the same. I have an online personal trainer I pay £15 a week for - he sets me two home workouts a week and helps me watch my nutrition via My Fitness Pal. Trying to lose weight obviously, but I count my calories all week, do the two work outs, try and go for a run at the weekend - one takeaway on a Saturday night and all of it means I can just about finish the week the same weight I started it. Really missing my football, golf and badminton/tennis that I used to do every week. Refuse to give up the one takeaway as lockdown life is miserable enough as it is.

D

Deleted member 21258

Got fatter by 1 stone 6 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been. What with sitting around alot more, working longer hours, doing less exercise, lot less golf and snacking on rubbish, its been almost only one way for me over the last year.

Fitness probably about the same, due to garden and making things.

Now on the way down, only another 1 stone 2 pounds to go, then ideally another stone afterwards :rolleyes:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yeah, watch those nuts and your noggin! I normally do a 15 second work, 30 sec rest protocol with 30 rounds. I can normally do 8-10 snatches per round so that's roughly 270-300 reps in 30 minutes you'll get an amazing workout from that in itself, you'll burn around 360 calories and the metabolic boost will have you burning more throughout the day as well.

Though lately I've been doing a varied circuit (32KG) of:

KB Jumping Deadlifts,
One arm alternate swing,
Snatch right arm,
Snatch left arm,
Thrusters,
and push up/pull up.

So I get 6 rounds so 48-60 snatches per arm.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mines not just lockdown

Yes played more golf after lockdown 1 so I got fitter but when the twins came complete with more lockdowns getting down to exercise is hard not gonna lie

We eat well in the evenings as in a good dinner around 19:15 after all kids tucked up

But around 8 we have snacks that's our downfall

Yeah post christmas I was having snacks that weren't exactly good for me. Took some willpower to swap out crisps, chocolate, etc for cottage cheese and protein shakes again.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah post christmas I was having snacks that weren't exactly good for me. Took some willpower to swap out crisps, chocolate, etc for cottage cheese and protein shakes again.

Canceling Xmas cost us aswell we had everything in for the support bubble and childcare bubble to be allowed to mix inside etc .. (her parents and mine) but then it got cancelled so we ended up with a ton of snacks lol cheese and crackers every day

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Canceling Xmas cost us aswell we had everything in for the support bubble and childcare bubble to be allowed to mix inside etc .. (her parents and mine) but then it got cancelled so we ended up with a ton of snacks lol cheese and crackers every day

I love a cheese board especially with a nice glass of port on the side! I just cringed when I put in the calories in the daily calorie diary!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got on the scales Jan 2020 and got a wake up call. Started a diet. Read on the internet about intermittent fasting so gave that a go.
Before then I would never have gone for a walk unless I was following a golf ball. However, time off work due to Lockdown 1 and the great weather we had got me walking 5 miles a day whenever I could.
6 months later I had lost 53 pounds (25% of my total body weight), down to 22 BMI and less than 10% body fat. At the end of February I clocked up 2,000 miles walking.
Just trying to keep the weight off now and keep the walking up. ?
Most of my weight loss (2 1/2 stones) has been down to walking . Cutting out snacking in the office (no biscuits at home) and skipping has also helped but I think a lot of people underestimate the benefit of a good brisk walk. Started doing an hour a day when I started working from home and still managing to fit in a walk. The move more, eat less has never been so true

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For some reason most of our family decided to buy us chocolate for Christmas. Absolutely loads of it. Took us until near the end of February to finish it all! Gits.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just the one rep I'd imagine ?

2020 was bad for weight and fitness, reached new year heavier and more out of shape than ever
(although it was also the first full year with no cigs, but still indulging in cigars/pipe)
Started diet and exercise after new year and down 11kg so far in 2 1/2 months and already much fitter even if there's still a way to go yet

Nice to look back at this post from 6 weeks ago
I've lost another 8kg in that time, so I'm down 19kg in 100 days (three stone)
Exercise is still not fun but sticking to it with a minimum of an hour every day despite confinement conditions meaning I can't go past the gate

At new year I couldn't jog 100m but did 5km non stop earlier this week up on our flat roof

Onwards and upwards.....

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exercise is still not fun but sticking to it with a minimum of an hour every day despite confinement conditions meaning I can't go past the gate

At new year I couldn't jog 100m but did 5km non stop earlier this week up on our flat roof

Onwards and upwards.....
Well done that’s impressive.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There was a time that I was half a stone heavier. As soon as I am back golfing if anything I am a couple of pounds lighter. I. Jumped on the scales after a round last Thursday and I cannot remember the last time I was 13 st 5 1/4 lb. That’s weight wise.
Re fitter, am not to sure, having had Covid it can kick 7 bales of poo outta you. The times I have had to take an extra deep breath. Although again since Ave been back golfing it’s slowly getting back to something like.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Onwards and upwards.....

100m to 5km is incredible - be proud of that and keep going!