Has anyone tried any of the new drivers?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I've just booked myself in for a Ping demo day in early March.

the driver will need to be something special for it to replace my original rogue
Well, on yesterday's performance, I can confirm that I can still slice the SFT on to another fairway! ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not one of the latest models, granted, but I’ve taken delivery of a Mizuno ST-X 220 in recent days and I’m enormously impressed.

I have opted for a mid flight shaft and, with the benefit of the draw bias afforded by the ST-X already my block/gentle fade has become either straight of a slight draw. My ball flight seems much more consistent, but if I do turn one over it will definitely result in a big hook.

It’s looking very much like £285 very well spent so far.

Skytot

Visit site
Not one of the latest models, granted, but I’ve taken delivery of a Mizuno ST-X 220 in recent days and I’m enormously impressed.

I have opted for a mid flight shaft and, with the benefit of the draw bias afforded by the ST-X already my block/gentle fade has become either straight of a slight draw. My ball flight seems much more consistent, but if I do turn one over it will definitely result in a big hook.

I’ve recently bought one too . It’s really improved my driving , so much straighter . My fitter had me increase the 10.5 loft to 12 and said Do Not Alter it ! .

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Did you test different shafts before choosing?
I'm thinking of ordering a stx 220 online with no opportunity to test (i.e buy before the old stock all sells through) but the only thing stopping me is the shaft choices & fear of getting the wrong one

Skytot

Visit site
I'm thinking of ordering a stx 220 online with no opportunity to test (i.e buy before the old stock all sells through) but the only thing stopping me is the shaft choices & fear of getting the wrong one
Just go and pay for a fitting . Think mine cost £50. He to told which was my best shaft ( Tensei 65 blue Stiff . ) never thought I would be in a stiff , got recently for irons and was lite shaft regular… I then used is recommended data and bought off a golf pro on the internet for £214 - Mizuno STx220 . I absolutely love it , it’s really improved my driving

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just go and pay for a fitting . Think mine cost £50. He to told which was my best shaft ( Tensei 65 blue Stiff . ) never thought I would be in a stiff , got recently for irons and was lite shaft regular… I then used is recommended data and bought off a golf pro on the internet for £214 - Mizuno STx220 . I absolutely love it , it’s really improved my driving

Sound advice but... I'm stuck on a tropical island with no chance of getting a fitting for that driver and no access to the great deals on 2022 stock that are in the UK just now except online, and even then i'll only get it the club when someones traveling here (e.g even the old st200 is still being sold for £350 round these parts so buying clubs here is v pricey)

RichA

Visit site
Sound advice but... I'm stuck on a tropical island with no chance of getting a fitting for that driver and no access to the great deals on 2022 stock that are in the UK just now except online, and even then i'll only get it the club when someones traveling here (e.g even the old st200 is still being sold for £350 round these parts so buying clubs here is v pricey)
Praying for you.

Skytot

Visit site
Nightmare ?.. That puts a different slant on things

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I didn’t, but I had a good idea of what I needed. I gave Mizuno some numbers from Trackman and also told them what my stock bad shot was, and they confirmed my choice of shaft was well suited. It has turned out well for me to be honest, but a face to face fitting would have been my preference.

Big85

Visit site
Just been for a ping g430 driver fitting!! Wow what a club.. awaiting delivery now which will be next Friday ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The FiL is mates with Nick from tourx in Wigan and quite often pops in to have a play with whatever they have in stock, which I'm led to believe iscomprehensive(he's on an endless quest for a driver).

I've begged him to let me go with him next time he goes so hopefully I can have a swing of them then.

I'm currently using an epic flash that I was never fitted for but seems to go pretty straight - always fancied having a proper fitting as my ball flight is fairly low and doesn't travel as far as I would like to think it should ?.

Newnsy

Visit site
I've tried the Callaway, Ping and Taylormade, got a good pro at the Club that just lets me mess about with the new stock in the Sim :) ( Probably because he knows I like shiny things :) )

Currently play the Stealth and love it, won't be changing it but we won't tell the Pro that.

Callaway I dint like it - obviously a personal thing but it didn't feel very nice off the face, didn't help that there wasn't a good shaft for me to test with

Stealth 2 - very similar to mine a bit more forgiving but not going to save my bad shot which is me not the club

Ping - hit this the best feels nice no longer than my stealth, but found this super ugly at address hate the turbulators with a passion

I'll be saving my money this year and getting some lessons instead

Big85

Visit site
I've tried the Callaway, Ping and Taylormade, got a good pro at the Club that just lets me mess about with the new stock in the Sim :) ( Probably because he knows I like shiny things :) )

Currently play the Stealth and love it, won't be changing it but we won't tell the Pro that.

Callaway I dint like it - obviously a personal thing but it didn't feel very nice off the face, didn't help that there wasn't a good shaft for me to test with

Stealth 2 - very similar to mine a bit more forgiving but not going to save my bad shot which is me not the club

Ping - hit this the best feels nice no longer than my stealth, but found this super ugly at address hate the turbulators with a passion

I'll be saving my money this year and getting some lessons instead
I like the turbulators, I find they actually help with alignment. Each to their own I guess when it comes to looks