Has anyone ever posted a cart bag ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have one of those large faux leather ping cart bags that I'm going to sell.

Has anyone ever shipped one before ? If so, how did you pack it and ship it ? Rough idea of cost too would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have one of those large faux leather ping cart bags that I'm going to sell.

Has anyone ever shipped one before ? If so, how did you pack it and ship it ? Rough idea of cost too would be appreciated.

Thanks
Get down to an industrial estate and look for a firm throwing out lots of cardboard. Ask if you can have an old box to use. Best to put it in one if you can for protection.

I can't really help regarding shipping. We ship most days using ups, TNT, DHL etc so I send my gear through one of them. Have a look at the Royal Mail website. Their website now allows you to price up, pay and print off the label. You then take it down to the post office yourself.

My guess is it will be around £15. It's a big item and most carriers charge an extra amount for oversized items at this time of year as vans are so full.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've sent one through Hermes a while back.
Box it up, measure it, check the dimensions to get the correct size parcel charge, label, take it to the shop.
Cost was about 10-12 I think but it was a while back.
Or specify "Collection Only"

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Posted one a while ago, got a box off my pro, wrapped it up in bubble wrap and posted it through the post office, from Northern Ireland to England i think it was £13, took a couple of days.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Posted one a while ago, got a box off my pro, wrapped it up in bubble wrap and posted it through the post office, from Northern Ireland to England i think it was £13, took a couple of days.
Can't believe I didn't say this. Best answer for packing, they usually have boxes that are ideal and they just have to add to the recycling bin (y)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive sent one via myhermes , just wrapped in extra sround rubble bags.
Wouldnt sent anything at the moment, seems to be a awful lot of parcels going missing being reported on local facebook pages.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I send bags regularly usually by Hermes although I believe the worst company ever.
Don’t think it’s ever cost me over £12.
All I do is bubble wrap it twice around then 2 black bags head to toe.
Never had a complaint people just don’t want to spend £18-20 pounds on postage.
However a bag between £120 and £200 I would box it and go to the post office,fully insure it at the £20 mark.
Always give the reason of high postage in the description due to insurance,the last thing you want is the bag being damaged or lost and your insurance not covering the costs.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I posted a limited edition Titleist Tour Bag that I won but surplus to requirements. Parcelforce Tracked was a wee bit more expensive than some, but gave peace of mind.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes

Got the correct size box from the proshop and shipped via myhermes.

As to cost weigh the bag, add another 2kg for the cardboard. Go to your preferred sender and check the prices online remembering to add the cost of insurance if needed (Parcelforce has a higher insured limit to begin with).

D

Deleted member 16999

Got a box off the Pro and then asked him to send it via his contract once I’d parcelled it up and addressed it. £5.00.

Helps if you get on with your Pro.;)