harlequins

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
how the heck have Harlequins been allowed to compete in the Heineken Cup next season after being found utterly guilty of CHEATING. Makes my blood boil. :mad: :mad:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yes, but it isn't the fans fault, and they would be punished, and most if not all the guilty parties have gone. The remaining players, some of whom are probably innocent deserve to be in it, as they worked hard for it. Ys, they are cheats, but glass houses and stones spring to mind. Are you going to throw Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Barca, Juve, Real, out od the champions league for cheating? You could.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to agree with the OP and say that the game needs to take a firm stance. It seems strange that clubs can get thrown out of cup competitions in most sports for fielding and illegible player but Quins aren't similarly punished for a far more serious misdemeanour

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree it isn't the fans fault 100% however it isn't the fans who will benefit from money earned from competing in the cup it is the staff, players and directors of the club that will benefit and I do not believe for one minute that all of those named above didn't know what was going on. If you must have a win at all costs policy then you should also have a prepared to lose all when found out policy.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It was fake blood from a joke shop. It wasn't even the right colour. Pretty poor attempt in my opinion. From what I have heard since, Williams should have still got a one year ban.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does the guy have learning diffuculties? No.

Is he a little weak and was being bullied? No.

Did he drop a wink to the bench on his way off? Yes.

Ban the bum for the same period as the dud coach.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
with no great involvement in rugby, I played it and I might watch if it's on but that's it, I didn't take a great deal of notice of these events. I have though, just been reading the reports and how is there any justification for any of the individuals (including Williams who seems to be attempting to protray himself as Willo the Wimp) remaining in the game, ever.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You can't through Quins out of the competition and then let all the other teams in national and international competitions remain when the IRB know that this (fake blood injuries) is an example of abusing the laws and as such is performed by everyone.

Funny how no-one seemed to care when the 'great' Tana Umaga wrote in his biography 10 years ago about the regular use of blood towels in the All Black team. Or does it only count when it is an English team?

For my money, what Quins did was no worse than all those teams whose front row forwards mysteriously develop 'injuries' to facilitate uncontested scrums. They are both deliberate abuses of the laws of the game.

So make sure your laws are better written and think about how teams might try and exploit them in future IRB.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Some strange comments above from Murph re Harlequins.

In my opinion they should definitely be excluded from this years Heineken Cup , Dean Richards banned for life, Williams banned for 2 years. Cheating is cheating, whether it be performance enhancing drugs or Quins faking injuries. It's not good for the game, and Harlequins should be made an example of.

Tough titty to their fans, they should be ashamed at the fact that the team they choose to support is involved in such a scandal. Co-incidentally, Harlequins are again making utter knobs of themselves, this weekend one of their players decided that headbutting is now a legitimate part of the game.

I'm sure the English Rugby Union will appropriately deal with the situation (not).

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
In my opinion they should definitely be excluded from this years Heineken Cup , Dean Richards banned for life, Williams banned for 2 years. Cheating is cheating, whether it be performance enhancing drugs or Quins faking injuries. It's not good for the game, and Harlequins should be made an example of.

Tough titty to their fans, they should be ashamed at the fact that the team they choose to support is involved in such a scandal. Co-incidentally, Harlequins are again making utter knobs of themselves, this weekend one of their players decided that headbutting is now a legitimate part of the game.

I'm sure the English Rugby Union will appropriately deal with the situation (not).

Vinegar with that Welsh chip sir? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...which rules out all of the Welsh teams.

Yes, Robson was an idiot but is that the only idiotic thing to have happened in rugby this weekend? An inexcusable headbutt which I'd bet Robson still can't explain what happened or why. One of those things, give him the regular ban and move on.

'Bending the rules' e.g. bloodgate is endemic and is no different than the myriad of other cheating habits employed by all teams. Hell, no-one even got hurt unlike when poster-boy Henson wimps out of another proper tackle by shoulder-barging someone.

All Unions have the same problem. Quins are being made a scapegoat, it's that simple. Let's hope it is for the betterment of the game in the long run.

Still, funny how it's only ever a problem when it's an English club. Do we think the same furore would have been raised if it had been Leinster doing it to Quins? Not bloody likely.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Sir, you are a presumptuous twerp. I am not Welsh, and your points of view are rubbish and were pretty predictable.

P.S. On the 13th of September your so called 'big club' will leave Cardiff City Stadium with zero points.