hard times?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
May be they are doing it for the fun of it. They have been offered 100s of millions over the years to reform and tour which they have refused, so I doubt they are skint.

They won't recreate their golden days when they produced some of the best ever pop music, some of the song writing and performing was absolute genius. But it will be worth a listen to see what they come up with.

Last edited:
U

User62651

They're in their 70s now, won't be touring. Seems like it's just for fun.
Will still be making a good income off royalties so don't think they're short of money and the 2 guys have written for the west end shows and for other artists for years.
There'll be some media interest but I don't think it's any more than that, artists make their best material when they're young and hungry for success, the intra band relationships and 2 rather attractive female singers helped sell the music/image. Their style is pure seventies. There's a cheesiness to Abba and nostalgia that people like but how often do you actually play their tunes yourself, it's just a radio2 hum along in the car, and I don't think they'll change that cheesy legacy at all with new material.
Saying that they were great music arrangers and so many catchy melodies. The odd tune's lyrics had some depth but generally the lyrics were pure pop nonsense.