Happy Thursday

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No idea on that one but lots of reports of high turnout in a lot of areas. I wonder if it's people getting out to vote early before the worst of the weather arrives. Does a high turnout favour any party in particular?

usual inference is high turnout is bad for the ruling party and also tends to favour labour over conservative, that said very little in this election seems to be normal so who knows if that holds this time round

turn out here had been very low when I went to vote, albeit weather had been awful with a fcast for it to improve so expectation is most were waiting

D

Deleted member 16999

We should have been lower, if we had been prudent in the good times then we would have been...

Appreciate you support labour, and interested to hear, if you believe that the massive deficits run after labour left power, are in the main torys fault or labours ?

Very large business(government in this case) it is 'hard to turn the ship' from running massive losses(which can happen very quickly) or to even get to breaking even. I would probably go as far to say, if it hadn't been a government but a Plc we would have gone bust by now.

Labour for sure overspent in the good years, Blair/Brown got lucky with a very stable period in the world economy, interest rates being lowered more during the period, the rates wrongly being reduced when the economy was overheating in that period and off we went again until the crash, Personal/government/corporate debt levels increasing massively and greater globalisation. Even the inflation calculations were messed around with to show a lower than proper inflation figures.

The problem with not saving up during the good times, is that when the bad years come along, theres big trouble.

Don't get me wrong I am not defending the torys and the cuts, just saying how I see it happened.
I’ve no issue with anything you’ve put, I’ve never said the previous Labour Governments don’t bare some responsibility, the issue I have and have had for a few years is the tories blaming all the austerity on Labour.

Very rarely, if at all, seen a tory take any responsibility for the last 9 years, it’s always Labour’s fault.

No matter how many articles are posted explaining the banking crisis or selling the gold off or the note in the draw, the urban myths are now concreted in to place.

D

Deleted member 21258

I’ve no issue with anything you’ve put, I’ve never said the previous Labour Governments don’t bare some responsibility, the issue I have and have had for a few years is the tories blaming all the austerity on Labour.

Very rarely, if at all, seen a tory take any responsibility for the last 9 years, it’s always Labour’s fault.

No matter how many articles are posted explaining the banking crisis or selling the gold off or the note in the draw, the urban myths are now concreted in to place.

The selling off things(gold, banks, utilities etc), I always think they went for 'market rate' at the time, so be it. We all make bad calls, some are worse than others. And some I don't think should have ever been sold off and certain things should never have happened(pfi is one thing I don't like).

Tory should have done it slightly different in my eyes. Reducing the top rate of tax from 50% to 45% iirc in one go, I disagreed with. Should have reduced it a lot slower or maybe not at all or maybe uplifted the threshold.

Also didn't agree with the slashing all levels of corporation tax down to 19%(irrelevant of company profits). The funny thing at a similar time they introduce a new dividend taxed that adversely effected small owner managed business net income.

Hard balancing act.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
^^^^ this is the best for the Nation..... anyone but Liar-Bojo...... no doubt there'll be some Dib, Dibbers along soon to explain where I'm wrong. :LOL::LOL:
Keep going, you're doing a great job of making yourself look stupid without our help.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The selling off things(gold, banks, utilities etc), I always think they went for 'market rate' at the time, so be it. We all make bad calls, some are worse than others. And some I don't think should have ever been sold off and certain things should never have happened(pfi is one thing I don't like).

Tory should have done it slightly different in my eyes. Reducing the top rate of tax from 50% to 45% iirc in one go, I disagreed with. Should have reduced it a lot slower or maybe not at all or maybe uplifted the threshold.

Also didn't agree with the slashing all levels of corporation tax down to 19%(irrelevant of company profits). The funny thing at a similar time they introduce a new dividend taxed that adversely effected small owner managed business net income.

Hard balancing act.
funny how they were also very quick to put up VAT.

D

Deleted member 16999

Hard balancing act.
Very hard, plus hindsight is a wonderful thing, austerity went on too long, once the horror stories started coming to light, ie, rise in deaths related to austerity, increase in child poverty and foodbanks etc, the Government of the day (this time tories) should of stepped in sooner and at least addressed (or tried to) the issues.
The “One Nation” and “We’re all in this together” tag lines really didn’t work out for all.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not building more with the proceeds does though...
No it doesn't! At least not as long as the same 'build volume' as previously was maintained.

However, it WAS a method to 'cash in' on the assets - by both the government and those 'lucky enough' to be entitled to buy them! It certainly contributed AND it certainly affected the overall housing market by creating 'newly wealthy' punters to the market!

D

Deleted member 16999

the abacus is spotted !

ELlNxhTXkAAuQnv
Only fair we publish the real photo to balance the photoshopped one.:rolleyes:
A1CF7E65-6BC2-46BC-A145-D4E7BEA6E8D5.jpeg

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Read that on Facebook posted by someone and thought that it is just typical of the sneering about the poor and out of work Labour voter (that being the implication) that comes from the mouths and pens of the Tories. Wasn’t funny first time I read it - not funny now.[/QUOTE

You’re a miserable old git aren’t you

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only fair we publish the real photo to balance the photoshopped one.:rolleyes:
View attachment 28747

Are you sure you've published the "real photo"? I don't mean to be picky but in the first photo she is standing next to a white woman and in the second she is standing next to a black woman and they're two totally different locations. Also in the first picture she's got a phone in her hand and in the second she hasn't.

Having said that, in the first image that was posted earlier there is definitely something strange about her right foot and I did think that it had been photoshopped.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you sure you've published the "real photo"? I don't mean to be picky but in the first photo she is standing next to a white woman and in the second she is standing next to a black woman and they're two totally different locations. Also in the first picture she's got a phone in her hand and in the second she hasn't.

Having said that, in the first image that was posted earlier there is definitely something strange about her right foot and I did think that it had been photoshopped.

The first picture was posted on Twitter by the Labour candidate she was standing beside in the photo with 2 odd shoes. She subsequently deleted the tweet but not before the photo with the odd shoes went viral.

The second photo is a different photograph, by the looks of it taken after she had corrected her shoe situation.

User20204

Visit site
Just had a read through this whole topic and it perfectly illustrates how greedy, self centred and me mind thy self the tories overall are.

Reading some of the stuff in this topic gives me absolutely zero hope of any change to everything they are about, horrible, horrible people, the same people I suspect that think hunting foxes in large groups on horse back with dozens of blood thirsty hounds, about sums them up.

D

Deleted member 16999

Both photos from today, one showing what she’s wearing and one showing what is claimed she’s wearing.
Obviously taken at different times and places.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No need for that - this has been the most grown up political debate on any forum I have seen in a long time. Let’s not make it descend into insults and name calling please
^^^^ this is the best for the Nation..... anyone but Liar-Bojo...... no doubt there'll be some Dib, Dibbers along soon to explain where I'm wrong. :LOL::LOL:
Read the post from #2blue to see what prompted my responce, he has been picked up a few times for his silly insults.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One last thought for this thread is that hasn't it been nice for the last few weeks not to have mr 'stop Brexit' in the background in every single news program .

heard he was standing as a lib dems candidate ,good luck to whoever had him in their constituency.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both photos from today, one showing what she’s wearing and one showing what is claimed she’s wearing.
Obviously taken at different times and places.

Here is a screenshot of the original tweet by her fellow Labour candidate with the odd shoes. She subsequently deleted the tweet after it was picked up by a few newspapers but obviously too late to stop it going viral...

IMG_20191212_190832.jpg

D

Deleted member 16999

Here is a screenshot of the original tweet by her fellow Labour candidate with the odd shoes. She subsequently deleted the tweet after it was picked up by a few newspapers but obviously too late to stop it going viral...

View attachment 28749
Certainly seem different in that tweet, hadn’t seen it before. Cheers.