Happy Days!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
tain didn't have them this year so had the odd game up there weather permitting. Nairn Dunbar were back on the full course this week and we were back today

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As of tomorrow, no more fairway mats!!!

Do you ever get used to them, I played Nottinghamshire a few weeks ago and it was so annoying. Just couldn't get used to going up the shaft. Normally I try a couple of practice swings but you cannot when the balls on a mat, unless you have a couple of swings then place the ball. It just seemed, well not right.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find it harder going back to no mats rather than the other way round but I do play several other links courses as a guest which don't use mats in the winter. So need to adjust quickly. We'll see how I get on tomorrow.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Only time I have ever used a mat was at Royal County Down (played just before Irish Open) and at Turnberry with the forum. Neither time affected my enjoyment, but there were ok courses !!

I did lie a tad as Therod showed me one at Royal Cinque Ports a couple of years back after I posted the same comment to a similar thread

Robin Hood

Visit site
Do you ever get used to them, I played Nottinghamshire a few weeks ago and it was so annoying. Just couldn't get used to going up the shaft. Normally I try a couple of practice swings but you cannot when the balls on a mat, unless you have a couple of swings then place the ball. It just seemed, well not right.
I played yesterday without a mat - first time in weeks, and found it more difficult. However I am glad to be back on grass.
It's almost like two slightly different games.