Handicap..... Whos responsible

Down_The_Middle

Head Pro
Visit site
In the last stableford weekend I came in with 41 points, so i'm expecting a cut.Trouble is the clubs PC in down at the moment so h/c haven't been adjusted.This weekend its the monthly medal so what handicap should I play to.I play of 21(20.5 exact)

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Call the handicap sec and ask his advice. I think you should cut yourself 2 shots to be on the safe side.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No,you cant do that. It is our responsibility to cut ourselves. Make every effort to speak to the Hcap Sec!!

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Echo what Nico said. Your handicap is your responsibility.

If the CSS is known calculate the cut.

If 1 under -0.4, if 2 under -0.7, if 3 under -1.0, if 4 under -1.3, if 5 under -1.6

If your unsure about the CSS use the SSS

Cheers

DCB

Visit site
Agree with Nico on this, you either make sure you speak to the comp convenor who should have pulled out all the stops to get the adjustments up on the noticeboard before this weekends comp, or youneed to adjust your handicap yourself if he hasn't done this.

"16.11 If a player returns a Qualifying Score or Scores below his Playing Handicap at his Home Club or away and is unable to:

(a) report an away score(s) to his Home Club or

(b) ascertain whether or not his Playing Handicap has been reduced as a result of the score(s)
he shall, before playing in another competition at his Home Club or away, for that competition make such reduction to his Playing Handicap as shall be appropriate under the System by applying the Competition Scratch Score if known, otherwise the Standard Scratch Score, to calculate his Nett Differential and handicap reduction.

Should a player not know his Exact Handicap, such reduction should be made from his Playing Handicap less 0.5, (e.g. If Playing Handicap is 16 then reduction should be from 15.5).

Note: Handicap reductions only shall be applied under this sub-clause. Handicap increases may only be made by a player’s Home Club after scores have been duly reported."

Oops Marko beat me to it.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I answered based on the fact that the CSS was not mentioned and thereofre not known. If you still cannot get in contact with the handicap secretary I would advise you to leave your card with a member of the committee and highlight the need for an amendment.

I think I am right in saying you can only be DQ'd if you enter a handicap that is higher than your actual so why not put yourself down as a cap of 19 and therefore you can play safe in the knowledge you are not walking the green mile.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah. Put down the lowest handicap you think you can now be and there's no problem. It's the player's responsibility to get his handicap correct. In the absence of CSS for the day work on the SSS for your course.

Bit of a pain. Computers, eh!

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Looke like 5 shots under (assuming they will use 36 points as SSS) at the moment your in cat 4 so 0.4 reduction for every shot under = 2.0 reduction would put you on 18.5, next time you shoot under 1st shot is 0.4 off, then every shot after is 0.3 off as a playing handicap of 18 puts you in cat 3.

Think thats right :D