Handicap ... What we writing on the card ??

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always put the scores of whole group on my card

We are doing the same as last year , one card marked for the whole group , .

As someone who has had to enter all the cards on to computer I absolutely hate this.

One card, one score, gross only in the players score column makes the whole process so much quicker*. I spoke to a couple of guys wo do this and requested that they stop doing it on the cards they hand in and if they wanted to do it to check the scores within a group do it on a a separate card.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
As someone who has had to enter all the cards on to computer I absolutely hate this.

One card, one score, gross only in the players score column makes the whole process so much quicker*. I spoke to a couple of guys wo do this and requested that they stop doing it on the cards they hand in and if they wanted to do it to check the scores within a group do it on a a separate card.

This, nightmare when your met with a host of figures, and those that continue to but score and points in the same box. Gross scores is all anyone is interested in from the committee point of view.

nyckuk

Visit site

We were one person one card , but it changed due to Covid . I'm thinking we are lucky they want to go near any cards....I guess it will change back 1 and 1 soon enough ???

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as we're not handing cards in at the moment, and I think this is the right thing to do, and inputting data on HOWDIDIDO, I'm not writing anything but my name and scores of me and playing partners. But if it looks like I could win, i'll be adding EVERYTHING ON IT!!!!!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as we're not handing cards in at the moment, and I think this is the right thing to do, and inputting data on HOWDIDIDO, I'm not writing anything but my name and scores of me and playing partners. But if it looks like I could win, i'll be adding EVERYTHING ON IT!!!!!
You can't do wrong if you only do one thing relating to scores.
Enter the GROSS strokes for each hole.
Don't enter points or totals.

wjemather

Visit site
Most clubs going down that route, just got one box of old ones left however, you will still only need to put the course handicap in to avoid a DQ. Personally I tried to get ours just with just CH & PH but was over.
I wanted "HI" and "CH", with "PH/Strokes received" as the third box, but apparently the club were told that went against EG advice, despite being more generic and applicable in more formats of play. I'll get it next time!
However, I did get "Course Handicap" highlighted, so less excuse for not knowing which box is a requirement.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wanted "HI" and "CH", with "PH/Strokes received" as the third box, but apparently the club were told that went against EG advice, despite being more generic and applicable in more formats of play. I'll get it next time!
However, I did get "Course Handicap" highlighted, so less excuse for not knowing which box is a requirement.

Not advise I’ve seen but I agree along with CH I think PH/Strokes Rec box would be handy.

wjemather

Visit site
Not advise I’ve seen but I agree along with CH I think PH/Strokes Rec box would be handy.
Not me; EG certainly advised having the 3 boxes (HI/CH/PH) but I've not seen anything advising against SR. I'm guessing that it came third-hand from another club via the printers to our club.