Handicap shot allowances

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Good morning, I was just wondering if anyone could help me. If you are off an handicap of less than scratch do you lose a shot on stroke index 18 even if it is a par 3, as I have heard that you lose a shot on the highest stroke index par 5. Hope all that makes sense

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you are off +1 and are playing a medal, it doesnt matter, you just add the shot at the end.
If match play, the normal rules apply...3/4 or full h/cap etc.
Is that what you meant?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
the only way I can see this applying is in a Stableford or Bogey comp.

Good point Steve (Doh)
In that case, you just record your gross score and let the committee work it out :)
So in stableford, he/she would have to add one shot onto one hole. Stroke 1 or 18??? :DDon't know the answer to that one.
Will investigate

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
As far as I know in stapleford you do lose a shot on SI:18 so if it was a par3 you need to make birdie for 2 pts

Hope that helps.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
As far as I know in stapleford you do lose a shot on SI:18 so if it was a par3 you need to make birdie for 2 pts

Hope that helps.

Errr. A par will give you two points. A birdie will give you three.
Unless you were talking about nett scores anyway
;)

For a + handicapper, they would need to score gross birdie, net par for 2 points.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Hope that helps.

Errr. A par will give you two points. A birdie will give you three.
Unless you were talking about nett scores anyway
;)

For a + handicapper, they would need to score gross birdie, net par for 2 points.

Apologies.
I mis-read the bloody question AGAIN!!
It's the heat
:D :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
scatch, everyone else is taking their 3/4 from his handicap so an 8 handicap gets 3/4 of 12 (8+4) = 9

(well I think it's logical - no knowing what anyone else thinks)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
scatch, everyone else is taking their 3/4 from his handicap so an 8 handicap gets 3/4 of 12 (8+4) = 9

(well I think it's logical - no knowing what anyone else thinks)

It IS logical but if you had a field of 100 players you would have to adjust all their h/caps before they tee off... easier to put the +4 guy off +5

If there was only 4 of you playing (ie: stableford knockout/better ball) then he'd go off scratch and you'd take shots from him... as far as I'm aware.