Handicap question

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I started today at 20.5. I had 41 points, 88 whacks, in a Stableford, par is 72, SSS is 71, CSS is 70. The comp was off yellows, not whites but it is still 6,400 yds before anyone starts to sneer. I have been cut to 19.5. Is that right? I was hoping to be a teenager this evening and feel a bit miffed but presumably my expectations were wrong.

Can someone explain it to me how I was 5 points under par, my logic being 36 is par etc, and only lost a measily 1.0.

I'm currently sulking slightly, won the comp but the handicap cut to teens would mean more, and being educated may help.

D

Deleted member 16999

I started today at 20.5. I had 41 points, 88 whacks, in a Stableford, par is 72, SSS is 71, CSS is 70. The comp was off yellows, not whites but it is still 6,400 yds before anyone starts to sneer. I have been cut to 19.5. Is that right? I was hoping to be a teenager this evening and feel a bit miffed but presumably my expectations were wrong.

Can someone explain it to me how I was 5 points under par, my logic being 36 is par etc, and only lost a measily 1.0.

I'm currently sulking slightly, won the comp but the handicap cut to teens would mean more, and being educated may help.
CSS down to 70 mate, equal to 38 points so you were only in effect 3 under.
At 20.5 you were cut 0.4, then a further 2 x 0.3 equalling 1 shot reduction.
Amount cut changes at 20.4 hence the 2 different amounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I get that but what multiple of 3 gets to 1.0, apart from the obvious? It was the same last week, pretty certain, but I dropped 1.2. I was hoping for the same this week.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Okay, thanks Paul. Still having a slight huff though 😭😞. Wouldn't be so bad if it was 19.9 but 19.5, come on.

At least my bar card tops up a bit though.