Handicap cut ?

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi, last week I took part in our mid-week comp, stableford off the yellows.

I played the game of my life, I'm off 21 (20.9) and I scored 48pts, so I knew I was in for a cut but didn't know how much of one, had a few people get back to me saying it should be between 3 - 4, found out tonight it was 2.9.

Now i'm happy with any kind of cut but not sure how it is worked out, can anyone please help me by telling me / showing me how it is done.

Details are par 71 sss 69 Css 68 (39 stableford points)

Many thanks

Dellboy

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You shot 48-39 =9 shots better than CSS. You are currently cat 4 so 0.4 cut per shot. So first cut is to 20.5 (still cat 4), second cut is to 20.1 (now cat 3 at 0.3 cut per shot ). 7 shots remaining makes 2.1 which added to the 0.8 makes 2.9.

Good shooting, well done ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
This ^^^^^

You friends weren't that far out - after all, you have effectively been cut 3 shots. In thinking it might be as much as 4 shots, they no doubt were forgetting the "drop" to units of 0.3 as you changed categories. (Or perhaps they were just being hopeful :):) )

Good score! All you need do now is do it again!

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great round, if you do it again you should get cut an additional shot off due to the exceptional score process in addition to the normal adjustment for shots under CSS.