Handicap Experts ?

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Amateur plays in a regional professional tournament which is based upon gross scoring only, cut after 18 holes and 36 holes in total.

Though circa half the field are amateurs is there ever a CSS calculated on a professional event ?

If no CSS then no increase/decrease and do you report your scores back per the new guidelines ?

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This may be a load of baloney but I would say yes card should be handed in to home club. If no css then use sss. I may be completely wrong.

D

Deleted member 15344

Amateur plays in a regional professional tournament which is based upon gross scoring only, cut after 18 holes and 36 holes in total.

Though circa half the field are amateurs is there ever a CSS calculated on a professional event ?

If no CSS then no increase/decrease and do you report your scores back per the new guidelines ?
Is it a Pro Am with them playing as a team - best score on hole counts etc ?

Who runs the comp ? If it's a PGA event and the amateurs play on every hole and hole out etc then they normally set it up as a qualifying comp

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is it a Pro Am with them playing as a team - best score on hole counts etc ?

Who runs the comp ? If it's a PGA event and the amateurs play on every hole and hole out etc then they normally set it up as a qualifying comp

Expect its something like the jamega tour events where they allow SFG amateurs to enter, results are reported as a pro event so no CSS (be surprised if they arent returning scores from them though)

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, have learned a little more, was a regional PGA event and I looked at last year and could see no returns for amateur players.

I understand that the club where the event was held are putting an amateur comp result together on the CDH system they use (no hole by hole scores - just overall gross & net though scratch tournament) which will then report back to home clubs using standard CSS for the course.

D

Deleted member 15344

Regional PGA Pro Am are team events - one pro three Am's best two scores - should be no scores or HC returns via CDH as it's not normally a singles event

D

Deleted member 15344

The PGA doesn't seem to be on England Golf's list of organisations approved to run qualifiers.

I'm guessing its because they don't normally run individual comps for amateurs- I'm playing in one next week so will ask the question.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
played with a guy today who is off +£ and has had played in a few PGA ( Scottish) events ( tartan Tour Order of merit) and he said its usually non counting for the Ams and this was the case at The Northern open a couple of weeks ago.