Handicap cuts going across categories,

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After Yesterday's comp i was expecting a handicap cut of 1.2 (4x0.3) based on a normal CSS of 67 with a net 63, my original HC was 13, so sitting in the Cat3 band. Ive received the results this morning and instead of getting cut the expected amount, the cut was 1.00, now im a bit confused as i would have expected the cut to be inline with the category in which your handicap was sitting, IE cat3 so 4x0.3, or does it work that as your cross over into the lower category the cut is then adjusted

For example,

2 x 0.3 would cut me to 12.4, (or cat2)
then
2 x 0.2 from there on.

I would assume the handicap categories are round number IE

1-5 (is that actually 0.1-5.4 or 0.0-5.0)
6-12 (is that actually 5.5-12.4 or 6.0-12.0)

Not sure weather to query this result or not.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After Yesterday's comp i was expecting a handicap cut of 1.2 (4x0.3) based on a normal CSS of 67 with a net 63, my original HC was 13, so sitting in the Cat3 band. Ive received the results this morning and instead of getting cut the expected amount, the cut was 1.00, now im a bit confused as i would have expected the cut to be inline with the category in which your handicap was sitting, IE cat3 so 4x0.3, or does it work that as your cross over into the lower category the cut is then adjusted

For example,

2 x 0.3 would cut me to 12.4, (or cat2)
then
2 x 0.2 from there on.

The example is correct you you are cut 0.3 as you are cat 3 but as soon as you but you change to 0.2 as soon as you enter Cat 2

Also the Handicap categories are x.5 upto x.4

ie Cat 2 is 6-12

Which is actually 5.5 to 12.4

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
cheers stuart and thanks swinger, i had a rough feeling that may be the answer, i just assumed that because you started the game in cat3, the cuts would all stem from the cat3 cut of 0.3 as you started the game in cat3. It doesnt seem logical to cut you in two different amounts, but then from another angle i can see their point.

Its rare they make mistakes but i thought id ask before questioning it.....need to change that signature then.