Handicap Committee Terms of Reference

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our club is considering moving to a Handicap Committee covering all sections of the club vs the current Handicap Secretaries.

Does anyone have a written terms of reference or constitution for a Handicap Committee or even a roles and responsibilities document they are willing to share?

Thanks in anticipation.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club is considering moving to a Handicap Committee covering all sections of the club vs the current Handicap Secretaries.
We have a joint committee Chair, Ladies' and Men's secs, Pro, General Manager and a Technical Advisor (ie me). This Committee makes all the major decisions and handles disciplinary matters related to play.
But for day to day operation we find it more convenient to have Ladies' and Men's sub-committees consisting of 3 people having a good knowledge of fellow members. They manage the details of comps, checking cards (although the pro does men's), annual review, players queries etc

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks - just the ticket!

I guess we will be due an updated version for WHS soon.
Not much I reckon. This from the WHS manual together with the 1st three columns of Appendix A

1.3(ii) Golf Club/Handicap Committee
A golf club is affiliated to its Authorized Association and is responsible for ensuring the Handicap Index of those members who have designated it to be their home club is administered in accordance with the requirements of the Rules of Handicapping.
A Handicap Committee is established by a golf club and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the golf club’s specified obligations and responsibilities under the Rules of Handicapping.