Handicap Changes Season 2024

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
As the golf comp season for many of us is coming to the end just a simple question ( s)

What was starting HI

What was your lowest and highest HI through the season

And what’s your HI as it’s coming to the end

For me

Started at 2.1

Went up to 3.5

And now back to 2.1 again

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've gone from 11.2 to 15.2

Solid season... :ROFLMAO:

Just not played as much this year, few of the lads we used to play weekly with have had busy years and its just fallen by the wayside a bit...

Fingers crossed ill be back to my best next year!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went down to from 16.0 to 15.4 on Xmas Eve, so that's where I started this year

Now at 13.3 after some good rounds from forward of comp tees

No off-season here so still plenty golf before the year end, hopefully I'll end the year roughly where I am now although high wind for comp tomorrow won't do me any favours

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I started the year on 14.7, briefly dropped to 14.4 but have now gone up to 15.3.

In fairness I don't think I am playing any worse now than I was at this time last year. But through the year I have made substantial swing changes for the first time, plus I decided to start putting every round in for my handicap record. This has backfired a little because I played several nice, new courses, and generally played well but only achieved 32-35 points so my handicap still went up.

Hoping that once I hit 16.0 my swing changes will finally click I'll be tearing up the early comps next year for a little while. 😄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone from 11.2 to 15.2

Solid season... :ROFLMAO:

Just not played as much this year, few of the lads we used to play weekly with have had busy years and its just fallen by the wayside a bit...

Fingers crossed ill be back to my best next year!
Didn't you say they re-rated your course at some point though? Would that have something to do with it as well? You used to say you were never an 11, it was just your course ratings being high.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started, I think, on 17.3
Currently 18.2

Moved clubs this year and I am scoring higher. My last club played to my strengths more, hence the drop from previous years. Current club is trickier for me, not necessarily for others, and so the trajectory is up. I have a few more good scores from my last club left so I will go up another shot or so still.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Didn't you say they re-rated your course at some point though? Would that have something to do with it as well? You used to say you were never an 11, it was just your course ratings being high.

they did but its had no effect on handicaps really, my handicap is as it is because ive just not scored as many rounds in the 70's this year

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the golf comp season for many of us is coming to the end just a simple question ( s)

What was starting HI

What was your lowest and highest HI through the season

And what’s your HI as it’s coming to the end

For me

Started at 2.1

Went up to 3.5

And now back to 2.1 again

First January 2024 index was 23.7

I went up to 25.4

Lowest it was throughout the season was 22.2 (that was Tuesday)

It's now 22.5

Suffering from the shanks ATM however I'm in a very good position as I have 7 throw away rounds until the next score that would drop off my best so hopefully ill throw in a good one before that

HPIMG

Visit site
Started 5.3 finished 1.9 wanted to get scratch but had big problems with driver this summer and weather really stopped me practicing my short game on grass. I’ll get there next season pretty easily I think.
10 year old son took up golf this year he’s 45 HC i think I’m more excited about trying to get him down next year now.