+ handicap amateur

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you have an amateur player with a + handicap playing in a handicap competition, does he/she have to give shots back to the course, or do they just play off scratch?
I need to know for when I get down that low next year...:whistle:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I play with a plus 4 and in Stableford he has to birdie the 15-18 stroke indexes to get 2 points. Could you imagine?! Well done on your birdie for 2 points!

He adds 4 shots to any medal score and submits that. He shot a 63 nett 67 when I played with him once.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play with a plus 4 and in Stableford he has to birdie the 15-18 stroke indexes to get 2 points. Could you imagine?! Well done on your birdie for 2 points!

He adds 4 shots to any medal score and submits that. He shot a 63 nett 67 when I played with him once.

Can't begin to imagine being disappointed with a par!:D

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One the funny things about that was when the two Molinaris were playing together in the Dunhill Links comp, the amateur one was +4 and therefore was on the card a lot less than the pro brother who was playing off scratch.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One the funny things about that was when the two Molinaris were playing together in the Dunhill Links comp, the amateur one was +4 and therefore was on the card a lot less than the pro brother who was playing off scratch.

Do the amateurs and the pros go off the same tees? If they do, it would seem silly for an amateur to have to play off a plus handicap.

7255carl

Club Champion
www.loweryourhandicap.siterubix.com
I had this problem before my injury, I was off +2 having to make 2 birdies before you start to score for real adds pressure and forces you to push early on, I remember 1 round where I shot a gross 68 and finished 14th :confused:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
my playing partner is off +3. he played in a winter series and somehow had to give rob rock 2 shots!!!!!!!

apparently any pros entering the field had to play off +1

D

Deleted member 15344

He wouldn’t have a Handicap and wouldn’t be able to win any Handicap prize - it would be a gross Comp only.

And Amatuers don’t “give” pros shots. There can’t be any form of Handicap matchplay etc between a pro and a am

Whenever they play together in Pro Ams the pros of Scratch no shots at all and amateurs with whatever Handicap they have

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is where the Sunningdale foursomes handicap system is flawed. A girl amateur off +4 plays off 4 in it 😂😂