Handicap allowance 75%

HPIMG

Visit site
I entered a winter competition yesterday, it’s runs over 6 weeks and says handicap allowance is 75%. I am not quite sure how this works, could someone explain it to me please?
My handicap is 9 so does it just go down to 7 for the competition?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Basically, yes. I presume they are worried about high handicappers cleaning up so they are taking a greater proportion of shots off them. Take your allowance, x by 0.75. That's your playing handicap in this competition, 7 as you said.

wjemather

Visit site
I assume this is an eclectic or similar? I suggest checking the terms of competition, which should explain everything.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ll add if I may, you mention your handicap as being 9. That should be your Course Handicap as you’ll take 75% of it to get your Playing Handicap for the competition. (6.75 rounding up to 7 as you say)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only time 75% of course handicap would be used normally is in a best 1 of 4 competition it therefore must be what the competition committee have agreed for this particular comp.

If it is a handicap qualifying comp remember your handicap 'alterations' will be made on your full course handicap so if it is a stableford comp do not pick up before your score under full CH would be nett double bogey.