Had lessons for 2 years and have gained 10 on h'cap!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would suggest a change of coach to start with.

When I first began I got 6 lessons as present off my good lady, overall they didn't go too well but it was only a year later when I wasn't seeing any improvement that I chose another pro to get more lessons from that I realised how little the first guy actually taught me.

Mind you it didn't help when he used to dissapear for 10 minutes out of a 30 minute lesson!

If he was playing off 18 he must have had some natural ability maybe he's having his head bombarded by facts etc the old paralysis by analysis thing?

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They do say sometimes you get worse before you get better but 18 to 28 is just rediculous...

I'd ditch the Pro and try out tips in magazines to find out what works for me and what doesn't. Lessons from Pro's aint for everyone.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd be checking this guys credentials. Like others have said we all expect to get a few 0.1's back until the changes bedded in. I'd be content to maybe even go up by 2 as long as I could see the merits and knew what I was doing would have longer term benefits.

There is no way that a guy should be having that many lessons and getting that bad. It seems that he either isn't understanding what the guy is saying (might be teaching him in too technical a manner) or he isn't practicing what he is being taught and resorting to old habits.

Never heard anyone rise that high though

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, this should not be happening and a change of pro may be in order. My wife had a similar problem, many lessons but no improvement. A change of pro and she was improving on weekly basis.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitly change. Maybe the natural ability is just not suited to the coach's idea's.

I have had four lessons now and I wreckon have taken 10 shots off my game.

If i was to gain 10, i would be bailing out!