H4H Charity golf day Tandridge 23 September 2019 (Part 1)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Here we go again!

Our good friend RickG arranged the first Golf Monthly Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day in 2010, so this will be the 10th Anniversary.

To mark the occasion we are going to arrange a “double header”. The main day will be at Tandridge Golf Club, near Oxted in Surrey on Monday 23rd September 2019. We will also be arranging a day on another top 100 Course on Tuesday 24th September. Details of this day will be posted on a separate thread by Glyn (LincolnQuaker) very shortly, but I can guarantee it is a course not to be missed.

Tandridge is a stunning course, designed by Harry Colt and opened in 1924. The course has spectacular views over the Surrey North Downs and the High Yield, with the front nine running along relatively gentle land and the back nine sited in more rolling and dramatic terrain. The greens are some of the best in Surrey and being chalk-based drain brilliantly.

The course has over the last five years had a comprehensive upgrade to restore its’ Henry Colt heritage and is now a Golf Monthly top 100 course. If you would like a sneak preview of the course, please have a look on their website www.tandridgegolfclub.com.

A green fee at Tandridge is normally £85 but thanks to some great negotiating by Mike Harris and in particular Rob Smith, we will be paying £60 for bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes of golf and a two-course carvery lunch. By playing in September we will hopefully continue the run of good weather we had at Hankley and Liphook.

The donation to the H4H Charity will again be £30 this year, so the total cost will be £90.

The course is to the west of Oxted in Surrey on the A25, postcode RH8 9NQ. It is only 2 miles from Junction 6 on the M25 (for Satnav). There are Travelodges at Caterham (Whyteleafe) and Redhill which are within 8 miles of the club and also a Premier Inn in Redhill. Please do not book any accomodation until you have read the second part of the H4H day which Glyn will be posting shortly.

To avoid a lot of the rush hour traffic we are going to have a shotgun start at 9.00 a.m. so you will need to set your alarms for early o’clock!

I will set up a Justgiving H4H charity website for the 2019 event shortly, so please do not make any contributions to the 2018 Liphook site.

I will post a separate thread where you can put your name down, if you would like to play in the next few days.

Details of Part 2 to follow.

D

Deleted member 21258

Thought I would mention, Tis the day after the PGA tour event at Wentworth btw and they also normally have a live band on after the golf on Sat & sun, if of any interest to people travelling to the area and looking to extend the trip by a day or two either side or with partners that it may appeal to.

Big thumbs up for all the efforts for organising another charity day for such a good cause.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm going to buy a job lot of sand wedges and flog them on the 1st tee. You'll understand why after you finish your round :ROFLMAO:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn. :cry::cry:

20 mins from home, no M25, love the course and catering, and I'm already booked on an away trip with the boys. Slumming it at Parkstone, Broadstone and Remedy Oak.

Any chance of changing the date Rich?????? :D