H/c advice wanted

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have been asked for some help regarding h/cs for a doubles match, wanted to see if my advice is correct.

Two players one 23 h/c one 16 h/c playing against one player who's h/c is 8 .

90% player one 13.5 so having 14 shots player 2 - 7.2 so having 7 shots.

Be appreciated if anyone can confirm this.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm confused. You say it's a doubles match but you only mention 3 players. Should there have been a fourth player?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm confused. You say it's a doubles match but you only mention 3 players. Should there have been a fourth player?

One of the players can't play so his partner 'the 8 h/c' rather than concede the match wants to play on his own.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the players can't play so his partner 'the 8 h/c' rather than concede the match wants to play on his own.

That's fine but the partners handicap still needs to be taken into account if it it lower than 8.

If lower than 8 then all the allowances are taken from it, if 8 or above it has no impact.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's fine but the partners handicap still needs to be taken into account if it it lower than 8.

If lower than 8 then all the allowances are taken from it, if 8 or above it has no impact.

Thats intresting and something I wouldn't have thought of, I will have to ask about that.

Thanks.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
If player 4 is lower then the 8 h/c would receive any strokes at low index holes, the high h/c players would get theirs at the higher index holes.

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats intresting and something I wouldn't have thought of, I will have to ask about that.

Thanks.

It's not as mad as it first seems. The principle is that the rules permit a partner to join the game at any point so, in order to make sense of handicapping, you start off assuming that everyone who is eligible to play is playing.

At any % allowance it can make a difference to the net position.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If player 4 is lower then the 8 h/c would receive any strokes at low index holes, the high h/c players would get theirs at the higher index holes.

Not really understanding what you say in that the high h/c players get theirs at the higher index holes,I thought all players get their shots from the low index holes.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not really understanding what you say in that the high h/c players get theirs at the higher index holes,I thought all players get their shots from the low index holes.

Let's say the missing player was off 5. That means his partner gets 3 and the opposition get 10 and 17.
Instead of getting shots on 1 to 14, the 23 handicapper gets 1 to 17 and his partner gets 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 7 - but the 8 handicapper gets shots on 1 to 3.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Let's say the missing player was off 5. That means his partner gets 3 and the opposition get 10 and 17.
Instead of getting shots on 1 to 14, the 23 handicapper gets 1 to 17 and his partner gets 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 7 - but the 8 handicapper gets shots on 1 to 3.

Yes I fully understand that but thanks for answering, I think I was thrown by Williams explanation but re reading it now I can see what he was explaining.