Gym...

DCB

Visit site
As Drawboy says, swimming is also a good overall conditioner. Good for the shoulders, back and arms and also a good CV exercise if you do a good number of lengths in a set.

As some have said, don't bee too keen on bulking up, at a realitvely young age it can bring it's own problems. I ended my schoolboy rugby with an injury to my knee as a result of incorrect muscle development.

Even in your mid teens, your body has a lot of growing still to do.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
1. Connor your to young for supplements you have to be 18
2.Swimming is the best form of exercise it uses all the muscle groups.
3. 3 times a week is enough as you've got to let the muscles repair themselves after training.
4.If your deperate to do it do a lot of stretching, use a swiss ball for core exercises using a rowing machine for cardio.
5. Check out the Titliest Performance Center its full of golf related exercises.
6. Enjoy it your 16 mate it's not about getting huge, Faldo tried years ago and it had the opposite effect on his swing.
7.Anything else fitnees wise pm me i'll try and point you in the right direction.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would lay off that [****], and just eat plenty of fruit and veg (not fried, fried fruit is horrible). Running is very good exercise, possibly the best bang for your buck. I know piling on muscle, and having a 6 pack is cool, but for your golf? No. Being fit, and being supple is better. Plenty of swiss ball work (you can google it) would be good for core stability.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Mono, please don't over do this. You look pretty healthy from the photo so keep eating a good balanced diet and confine the fast food to once in a while. Exercise doesn't have to be weights etc. A couple of runs a week will keep your stamina up and your weight down. If you feel you do need to bulk up then take advice and remember every hour you spend at the gym could be a hour practicing your short game !!

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have recently joined a gym and am in the process of writing out a workout and diet any help or suggestions.

Also has anyone used protein supplements and whats your opinion on them.

thanks connor :D

He gets you guys going every time :) :) :)

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mono,
I did a lot of weight training in my late teens and early 20's.
As others have said your still growing.....Protein supplements if i were you id give them a wide berth....Your body will only consume 26grms of protein at any one time anymore of it and you'll just spend more time on the toilet :D

You will get all the protein you need from Fish,Eggs,Beans,
Chicken, Red meat, and so on... This is what builds muscle,
In order for you to to get good cardio work ie. Cycling swimming running rowing that sort you need plenty of carbs to fuel your body These would include Rice Pastas porridge fruits cereals and breads,
Now you dont really say what type of work you want to do but as regards your diet you shouldn't have to make this out yourself....Any gym worth their salt will have at the least 1 personal trainer if not a few and these people will have the knowledge on what training programme best suits you and the goal that you want to achieve.....
The trick with putting up muscle is to eat little and often by that what i mean is instaed of eating the usual 3 square meals a day eat 7 times but eat a little at a time and eat healthy as i said a good personal trainer will recommend a proper diet that best fits your body type metabolism and your goal..Also if you want to put up muscle size and get strong you've got to carefully balance your cardio and weight training programmes otherwise one will just cancel out the other and remember always warm up and stretch properly before any form of exercise..Happy training.. ;)

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have just discovered FitnessTV on Sky channel 282.
There is one programme, suited for me but there is no DVD.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mono,

Do you want to do all this training simply to get fit or do you want to use it to improve your golf???

A bit of both :)

Well for me i would say concentrate on you golf for now see how your game progresses and when you get down low have a look at what part of your game you struggle with. If you are struggling for length off the tee maybe then you could work on bulking up. what i am trying to say is when you find out what you need to work on then look seriously at fitness.

For now as others have said swimming is good all round excersise.

But if you want to do it as a seperate hobby to golf then go for it though i would not touch any supplements.

Hope that makes sense it did when i was typing it ;)