Guildford golf club

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Any played this. Does it drain well. Is it on sand or clay. Not sure i can afford to ruin a pair of trousers everytime I play my current course.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why don't you wear waterproofs either over normal trousers or on heir own or get some waterproof trousers in a normal trouser style i.e. With belt loops and zips fly etc

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Good point however I was being slightly tongue in cheek . The place is horrifically muddy and I am losing balls on the fairway if you can even call them fairways. Be keen to hear from anyone who has played Guildford recently

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn't everywhere horrifically muddy at the moment.

I played there about 30 years ago and from memory is it not chalk based.

Another vote for very lightweight waterproofs over trousers just to keep the mud off.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only played it in the summer. Waterproof trousers is the logical answer. If it's really that bad then you have a clear choice knowing what conditions will be like and that's to dress accordingly or not bother surely?

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
Apologies I seem to have been taken literally about trousers. That's really not the point .

I wanted to know about condition of Guildford and if it is a good winter course I have read some other reviews and gave found it to be so.

Will be joining it tomorow as no fun playing where I am at.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Only played it in summer but very firm course, high up and quite exposed to wind. Would be very surprised if it got muddy at all. Really nice track.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Drains well, though it is hilly, so there are places in the hollows that get wet. Prefer it to Puttenham and Bramley, and on a par with Farnham. Seems to go under the radar.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Up and down like the Assyrian Empire. Too many killer uphill walks. Too many holes where an approach to the green is pure luck because of the downhill slope approaching the green and you cannot fly it all the way in. OK for a once-a-year visit but nothing more.

But not muddy.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Hey parky

pretty sure I know which course you’re referring to, did you play Saturday?

shocking condition eh! A real shame. I played really well but 5 lost balls due to mud, 2 of which were great drives down the fairway but had to just walk on and concede the hole.

Im also looking for a new “home” as are plenty of other members :/