Guess what.... Iron Shaft Question.

A

Alex1975

Hi All,

I am off to an iron fitting on Saturday with a Mizuno fitter. I have used him before a few times and he is also my pro. I trust him but the last time I was fitted he fit me with Dynalite XP S300, a shaft that is good for my numbers and feels good too. I did later change those shafts as the flight was too high for me on a windy AVGC (clearly not just the shaft but it is high launch). I swapped it for PX 5.5, a shaft I love but the other day when he and I were playing he felt that by eye it was a little shout for me and did the DNA and it came up Dynalite again.

I will not buy the Dynalite so my question is what is like that but in a low or mid launch within what Mizuno offer. I have always been interested in the DG SL, it is light and low, what does it feel like? Also maybe the NS 950 although I see it is VERY light... 95 ish grams.

Ethan, anyone, interested what you think. If the numbers support I will take PX over Dynalite but would like some input.

Thanks

Alex

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Nippon Pro 1150 might fit the bill - similar weight to Dynalite and a smooth midlaunch shaft. They are in the Mizuno custom fit range. If the new PXi are available, they are a lighter version of PX and play a bit softer.

The other thing the pro could do is soft step a set of PX 5.5. This would take them down to about 5.2.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have the SL300 now and the Dynalite in another set, the Dynalite def launched higher whereas the SL300 feels firmer while still feeling enough lighter that I can feel the difference.
I also had the NS950 but hated that (I was a club shorter) and changed after 1 week despite the Mizuno fitter saying its just my swing

A

Alex1975

Thanks chaps, I shall try the 1150 again. I am longing to try the PXi but I don't think they are in the UK.

I actually think I was having an off day when I tried the PX and JPX 825, I also think the frame of the 825 is more ridged so felt hard. That said I should not try and predict the fitting outcome but wanted to be fully educated as to the options.

Thanks again.

Alex

A

Alex1975

Darth, would you say you enjoy the SL? Is it a friendly shaft or is it a little boardy?

A

Alex1975

Have you tried the JPX Pro?

Also, don't dismiss the option of a hybrid set - MP64 and 69, or JPX Pro and 64s.

Ye sorry its the Pro I mean. I would love a combo set but the smaller head length scares me after using MP53s for a couple of years, I seem to get so much more performance from the JPX 800 Pro (current) and forgiveness, though I do hit the toe a lot less these days so we will see...

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm in the same boat Alex.

I'm going to pick my MP63's up next Wednesday but I'm sticking with the TT DG R300 shaft.

I have it in my current irons. It gives me the flight, shape and feel that I want and like so I see no reason to change.

Although the irons are spon new (Shafts, head, grips) I'm, basically, taking the MP32 head off the shaft and adding the MP63 head :thup: