One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Evening all.

I'm going to post a few pictures below of my current Iomic putter grip:

E303859B-DD7E-40CA-9240-7BE47A55BF18_zps7bx4h5k7.jpg

88A7C7E6-DD42-4312-BB62-321E69A315EF_zps0n7hfbsq.jpg

294E4174-6BD3-4EFA-8BDD-74B62EE37573_zpsligm491p.jpg

Obviously you. An see from the logo it's an Iomic.

I fitted the grip just before Christmas 2103. Previous grips I've used on my Scotty, even my the stock Pistolero, showed little wear or marking after months/years of use.

The stock Pistolero grip was about 14 months old when removed. That had some wear, but still had plenty of life, but looked in good order.

The Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0 I had fitted for 6 months was in very good order when it was taken off.

This Iomic grip however has only been on the club for 4 months. As you can see from the pictures it looks to have taken a considerable beating. There is moderate wear to the edges and grip colour has gone from the solid, clean black it once was to having, kind of, a powdered appearance.

After cleaning the appearance is better but still looks powdery. The edges to the side of the Iomic logo have gone from smooth to rough and the grip feels to have, what I can only describe as, bits of sand on the grip even after a good clean with a nail brush and soapy water.

I know I practice my putting a lot. On average clean the grip once a month and generally look after my gear and I don't slat the club into the bag after a poor putt.

Would you consider this above pictures to show excessive wear for a shade over 4 months of use? Or would you consider the grip to be "About right" ?

Any thoughts appreciated :thup:

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pop half a Milton tablet or even some milton fluid in some lukewarm water with a tiny drop of washing up liquid...... Get a scrubbing brush and get to work... The milton will lift any dirt, grime, and grease thats on it and should bring it back to near new.....:thup: