Grip issues

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Please bare with me here. I find that once i have taken up the address positionm my grip starts moving around. Generally the club face opens. I think the main problem is my right hand not being far enough round the grip. And perhaps a slight cocking of my wrist/thumb joint downwards which pulls my fingers towards me (if that makes sense). Does anyone else have this problem, or suggestions as to how i can fix it? Generally i would say it is most problematic with thte driver.

Also am i right in thinking that the right hand should initiate the wrist role or is it both?

Thanks for your help.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is your right hand too much underneath? If so I have a similar problem.
my pro's solution is to make the grip the last thing you do.
take left hand grip, set the club in postion square to target, then you take stance parallel to line and only then apply the right hand.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Not absolutely sure what you mean for the first part and when you ask about wrist roll, are you rotating your wrists to the right? (right handed)?

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Not absolutely sure what you mean for the first part and when you ask about wrist roll, are you rotating your wrists to the right? (right handed)?

What i mean is the bit in this video at 43 seconds in. The roll sensation never feels natural to me. I'm wondering should the right wrist be dominant as i find that the left wrist isn't doing much.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

What i mean is the bit in this video at 43 seconds in. The roll sensation never feels natural to me. I'm wondering should the right wrist be dominant as i find that the left wrist isn't doing much.

Sorry, I was asking about the first part of your question

I think the main problem is my right hand not being far enough round the grip. And perhaps a slight cocking of my wrist/thumb joint downwards which pulls my fingers towards me