Green Fees

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£450 fees and £30 bar levy , just joined in november and i think i have burned a hole in it already , been playing quite regular

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
740 approx this year, joined in jan 06 joining fee was 1400!! so 740 + 2x annual fee.
Once you are in and write off your joining feethough it works out cheper than pay and play, Id guess Ive more than balanced out my outgoings to the club as ive played at least once a week on average plus quite a few games at other courses in interclub matches and respective practice days.
As someone else mentioned in another thread, where else bar the legion or social clubs can you get a pint for 2 quid, watch the golf/footy/whatever live AND hear yourself think.

trickietree

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ours was £800 last year and will probably go up approx 3% this year.
Joining fee is £900.
Its good value though as the course really drains well and therefore we play all through winter unless it snows which is rare these days.
Also off proper winter tees not mats as at some clubs.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Club membership and Green fees are separate.
Club is about £40 pa - no joining fees
Green fees (not going up this year) are £400 5-day; £575 7-day - you can do monthly dd. Visiting w/e - £27
A rough rule of thumb is that you need to get out twice a month to cover 5-day; 3 times for 7-day.

Course, bar, pro-shop, greenskeepers etc belong to the company that owns the course. The club manages handicaps, competitions etc

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My fees approx £550 this year. Course is not even that great to be honest. Would probably pay double that for a great course per year.

But I would want it within 30mins of Stirling / Larbert! Answers on a postcard please!

T

thecraw

My fees approx £550 this year. Course is not even that great to be honest. Would probably pay double that for a great course per year.

But I would want it within 30mins of Stirling / Larbert! Answers on a postcard please!

Linlithgow, Braehead, Cawder, Milngavie, Hilton Park. There are a few mate depends on your idea of great. As long as its better than your used too its worth upgrading is it not?

Incidently where do you play?

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Linlithgow, Braehead, Cawder, Milngavie, Hilton Park. There are a few mate depends on your idea of great. As long as its better than your used too its worth upgrading is it not?

Incidently where do you play?

Currently have two clubs thecraw. Falkrik Tryst and Falkirk Golf Club. Neither are what I would call great courses and can be in quite poor condition. (Tryst probably the better of the two).

Two good courses in the area, Glenbervie & Stirling both have long waiting lists so I am kind of on the look out for a new haunt. Will have a look at the courses recommended, thanks.

mass

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our Fee's have just gone up to £370 only a £15 increase from last year so not to bad, still no joining fee. Hope the greens are going to be slower than last year, 12 on the stimp for a parkland course

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£550 for me with £50 of that going towards a bar bill ie £50 on a card to spend in the bar so not bad however our club house is poor but the course is spot on (doncaster town moor) and a new club house is on the cards happy days

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah this topic was talked about before, I got a prize for asking it before..........

£700 a year we're paying and I suppose it's good falue for money if we play 4 - 5 times a week

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Council meeting last night and we scraped the junior joining fee, We all thought it was unfair to ask a joining fee from juniors.
I think the day is comming that nobody will pay a joining fee...........
Apart from ladies they should pay 10 times the normal. Keep them at home washing the dishes