Great to poor

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
What’s your biggest swing in scores between 2 rounds

I was 3 over walking off 14th green on Thursday night after a 5&4 win

Today I hit 19 over

It’s a frustrating sport ... leaving my irons club face wide open caused me no end of problems today

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No idea of exact numbers but I imagine the margin would be significant. I am gloriously inconsistent at the best of times. I know I won this year with 44 points (off the yellows) and then had 28 the next comp

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I shoot single figures and in the 90’s frequently 😊 I’m not that fussed on my score which is probably why I’m so inconsistent! As long as I strike the ball well I’m happy.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last year I walked off the 9th green at 3 under par and then off the 18th green at 6 over par!!

9 shot swing in 9 holes!!

That’s the beauty of golf at our level, you just never know what’s coming next🤷‍♂️

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Medal 2 yrs ago got off to a flyer and was +1 standing on 6th tee, stood on the 7th tee about 10min later +9.......... Like lots of others I can go decently low and embarrassingly high!

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
Last year I walked off the 9th green at 3 under par and then off the 18th green at 6 over par!!

9 shot swing in 9 holes!!

That’s the beauty of golf at our level, you just never know what’s coming next🤷‍♂️

Similar but the other way today... 15 over for the front nine, gave myself a stern talking to, and went around the back nine in 4 over (including a stupid 4 putt)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What’s your biggest swing in scores between 2 rounds

I was 3 over walking off 14th green on Thursday night after a 5&4 win

Today I hit 19 over

It’s a frustrating sport ... leaving my irons club face wide open caused me no end of problems today

Go well yesterday in the medal then? :LOL:
You think the greens are very slow at the minute?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Go well yesterday in the medal then? :LOL:
You think the greens are very slow at the minute?

Was even worse today at Brancepath :LOL: my 1st tee shot ended up on the 18th green !! the ball didn’t even hit the face I think

Yeah the greens have been shocking last week. even them being cut on Saturday didn’t help much ... Brancepaths were superb

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Similar but the other way today... 15 over for the front nine, gave myself a stern talking to, and went around the back nine in 4 over (including a stupid 4 putt)
Yep, I can relate to that. Last year played the first nine in 12 over, second nine in 1 under.
Golf is basically a stupid game that causes you frustration 90% of the time, can't fathom why I keep at it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep, I can relate to that. Last year played the first nine in 12 over, second nine in 1 under.
Golf is basically a stupid game that causes you frustration 90% of the time, can't fathom why I keep at it.
My first scratch event years ago at Burhill Old Course I shot 49 for the front nine. Then shot -1 gross on the back.
Both my rounds this weekend have been in this vein.
Saturday: out in 41, back in 53.
Today: out in 51, back in 39.

As for the difference between two rounds, looking back on my Hole19 app it seems I shot 85 on March 9th and 93 on March 10th. And then 97 on March 16th.

Earlier this year I went 84 (19th Jan), 90 (26th Jan), 101 (9th Feb).

Last November I shot a 98 followed by an 87.

Ooh here's a good one, July last year I hit a 97 followed by an 84. :LOL:

In May last year I shot a 102 followed by an 86 the next time out.

I must be winning this, right?