Great Day BH

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
With the wife down ill and a tee time booked for 2pm I sent a text out to everyone I had on my phone in the morning. Within a minute a mate from the club responded and and we arranged to meet. He's plays off 7 and, as I tell everyone, does not do friendly golf. There MUST be something to play for. So we met up at 1.20 and after a chat with the Pro were out at 1.40. Cool. On the first tee the stake was set, only a quid, but believe me we are now playing for the Crown Jewels. I played shocking in Sundays comp and that form continued round the front nine, although I hung in there due to the size and slope of the greens my mate was struggling with plus some amazing chipping that was saving me. At the turn he was one point up. The back nine something clicked with me and I just took off. This started to affect my mate (I've now just realized) as his game fell apart as he tried to keep up. The knife went in on the 15th, a real risk and reward hole 262 off yellows. Big pond left of the green. Downhill all the way. OOB on the right with trees. He , with his draw, clipped the trees, ball gone. I smashed a good 'un that finished on the green. Two putts birdie! Game was won. 16th snap dog leg right. Again does not favour my mate but did me. I took on the trees and thought with my fade I would be close or at least a way down the fairway. 324 off yellows. I was 45 from the front!!!
Now, 17th. Having played the course once before and remembered the searching of the ditch for balls, played safe with a 5 iron. Lay up and knock it on. Nice steady swing and we both watched as the head shot off to the left, with neither of us having no idea of where the ball was going. This didn't matter now anyway. The thing is our Pro had put a new shaft in this club for me in April. I was not impressed ,as you can imagine. We found the club head and our Pro is going to get, well nothing really, but boy oh boy do I want to go in there and have a real blast at him and just everything off my chest about how useless he is!!!!
That aside, I won !!!!! 20 points on the back nine !!!!! Ner ner ner ner ner!!!!!