GPS

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I prefer a Skycaddie for the big screen, and their accuracy of mapping. My last Skycaddie gave up the ghost in the spring, and I limped along with a laser and a Garmin watch. The laser isn't any good if it doesn't have line of sight, and occasionally picks up something beyond the green too. The Garmin would probably not find the course a 3rd of the time.

I'd love another Skycaddie but being a tight Yorkshireman I couldn't reconcile the current price. HID bought me a Bushnell Excel for Xmas, which from the first 2 rounds I'm happy with.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a Garmin S2 watch. It's fairly basic, ie distance to front, middle and back of green, but for my needs that's sufficient.

D

Deleted member 16999

If money isn’t an issue the new Skycaddie SX500 is superb.

Wolf

Visit site
I have the new Bushnell phantom, Gives me front, middle and back, has distances to hazards on the holes, such as water, bunkers etc. Its small and convenient can wear it on your belt or leave it on the bag as I do, for a small device it has large font so easily readable, picks up courses straight away and has shot distance and scoring options, plus comes complete with the smart phone app that if you want use as an addition gives you hole flyovers and other options. all for less than a £100 brand new.

dronfield

Visit site
I have the new Bushnell phantom, Gives me front, middle and back, has distances to hazards on the holes, such as water, bunkers etc. Its small and convenient can wear it on your belt or leave it on the bag as I do, for a small device it has large font so easily readable, picks up courses straight away and has shot distance and scoring options, plus comes complete with the smart phone app that if you want use as an addition gives you hole flyovers and other options. all for less than a £100 brand new.

I have the Bushnell Neo Ghost (prev model to Phantom) and it is excellent. Sheffield Pro Golf are advertising a Ryder Cup version of the Phantom for £79 - very good deal. They have 2 year warranties.

Rich

Wolf

Visit site
I have the Bushnell Neo Ghost (prev model to Phantom) and it is excellent. Sheffield Pro Golf are advertising a Ryder Cup version of the Phantom for £79 - very good deal. They have 2 year warranties.

Rich

Thats the one I went for from Snainton they did it at £79 as well with free P&P. With its 2 year warranty and what it does couldn't ask for anything of better vfm

dronfield

Visit site
Thats the one I went for from Snainton they did it at £79 as well with free P&P. With its 2 year warranty and what it does couldn't ask for anything of better vfm
Agree it is a cracking deal - i believe Snainton now own Sheff Pro Golf. I live near Sheff and have bought many times from Pro Golf - both they and Snainton give excellent customer service.

Rich

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve got a Tom tom watch but dont really like it so will probably sell it.
I prefer a gps App on my phone so I can see the hole layout

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer a 'handheld' it is attached to the bag and goes the bag in when I am finished. I bought a Garmin partly because it uses standard rechargeable batteries. I also have a laser for more accurate readings when uses shorter cubs.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use the Skydroid app on my phone.
Distances to front, middle and back plus distances to all hazards and target points.
It's also possible to map your course as you wish it to be mapped!!
Oh, it's less than £2 to download per device.
Keep your phone for four years and it costs less than a penny a week!

https://www.skydroid.net/

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I quite like the shot tracking feature on Garmin watches, but find watches a pain when your fully waterproofed up trying to get to watch under your layers. That’s what I’m finding more appealing to a handheld but will miss the shot tracking.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
Garmin G6 approach... wasn’t charging up so recently replaced the battery after seeing the prices 😳 of replacing.
£12 well spent 👍

Had a Skycaddie before that but the yearly charge forced the change.

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Starting to go towards a handheld, liking the looks of buushnell phantom.
Anyone had experience of a Garmin g30 handheld?

Wolf

Visit site
Starting to go towards a handheld, liking the looks of buushnell phantom.
Anyone had experience of a Garmin g30 handheld?

You won't be disappointed with one of these, the price of them makes them superb value for money and so unintrusive. Just about to take mine off charge and go play now

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I use the Skydroid app on my phone.
Distances to front, middle and back plus distances to all hazards and target points.
It's also possible to map your course as you wish it to be mapped!!
Oh, it's less than £2 to download per device.
Keep your phone for four years and it costs less than a penny a week!

https://www.skydroid.net/
Just downloaded this app, obviously got to try it on the course yet but looks pretty good