Gotta Love Ebay

D

Deleted member 18588

Hermes under £20 would may be £2.79 that would be without pick up ( how would that work) no signature at the other end either.
Too many people looking to con the seller.
I track all mine and get a sig.
Hermes are awful for losing packages

Maybe for you but I have used them for over 70 sales and found them to be both efficient and reliable.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I leave my parcels at a parcel shop (you can find a list of them close to you on the hermes website) receipt for parcel given and it goes straight on to the system by barcode anyway.
Signature is not actually needed by Paypal they only require track and trace. You can have a signature at extra cost if you want it and if you increase insurance it is automatic.
I have no experience from anybody about lost parcels so is that just hearsay? From what I heard after 15 years of ebay they are not much different to anybody else.
Yeah I take mine to a collection point. It's usually a newsagent or similar. It only costs an extra 80p for the signature, but as I said, I find that invaluable for getting my funds released, so I always go for that and ensure the buyer's postage fee covers it anyway. I think the delivery I was using gave cover up to £25. Obviously you can go higher with that, but I don't want the postage cost to go too high as to put off potential buyers.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hermes under £20 would may be £2.79 that would be without pick up ( how would that work) no signature at the other end either.
Too many people looking to con the seller.
I track all mine and get a sig.
Hermes are awful for losing packages

Hermes does have the option of a signature which I always take, drop off at the local shop. Still fiar bit cheaper than Parcelforce if you want the minimum cost. I've sent several dozens of parcels with Hermes, never had any lost, delivery timescale can be a bit erratic though from a couple of day to over a week. Maybe just lucky but I've never had any parcel lost altogether, I usually place 2 labels well taped to the outside of the parcel and a delivery address inside as well just in case.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is a driver in a box under 1kg?
I charge between 6 and 9 pounds by Hermes most are happy with that.
Always wrapped and boxed nicely.
Buy boxes in 25s for just over a pound a box.
Will be looking at dropping off to pick up sites but it’s only 50p for pickup from home

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe for you but I have used them for over 70 sales and found them to be both efficient and reliable.

I'm with Poker.

Will now only post via RM and I'm happy to pay the difference. Hermes are dreadful and their claim process is even worse. Anything over £25 I won't trust with Hermes. No way Jose!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with Poker.

Will now only post via RM and I'm happy to pay the difference. Hermes are dreadful and their claim process is even worse. Anything over £25 I won't trust with Hermes. No way Jose!
Oh well, they haven't let me down on the last three I just sent this week, nor in the past I don't think. I'll keep using them until they do I suspect.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Poker.

I’ve lost 3 this year and it took me ages to get the refunds although they paid up.
Luckily the most expensive was £40

D

Deleted member 18588

We can only go with our own experiences. (y)

Absolutely!

The irony of this is that my experience with Royal Mail before turning to Hermes, was an absolute disaster.

One lost and one finally delivered after 3 weeks.

Still, as you say, you pay your money and you take your pick. 😏

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My own experience with Parcelfarce is that deliveries to me are often late despite sellers paying for a 24/48 hour delivery and the last time I used them for an outward delivery it was never shown as being delivered on their website.